- Our Lady Of Refuge School has been providing excellent instruction since 1923 by dedicated teachers in all subjects with heavy emphasis on Mathematics and Reading.
- We have recently added Art, Music, and Computer programs.
- Enrollment for 2016-17 is underway. A limited number of spaces are still available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform avaailable from FlynnOhara)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,993|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is payable over 10 months. (August-May)|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Robert W. Billings|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Yolanda Mercado|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Cheerleaders, Chess club, ITV Band, Cheerleaders, Chess club, ITV,|
- Art, Music, Computer and Gym classes are offered once a week..
- Students may be dropped off as early as 7:15a. There is no charge.
- An After School Program with a snack is available each day from3:00pm to 6:00pm at a cost of $8.00 daily. Parents may use this on a daily basis or when needed..
- Other after-school offerings include band, chess, dance and tutoring.
- All students wear the school uniform
- A CSW on the school staff visits once a week and meets with parents and students referred to her by the principal..
- The school has teachers from the Title 1 Program to helpstudents with their Math and Reading. A Guidance Counselor is alsopart of this program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 243 students
2512 Marion Ave
Bronx, NY 10458
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 297 students
2865 Claflin Ave
Bronx, NY 10468
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
2195 Valentine Ave
Bronx, NY 10457
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 269 students
1734 Williamsbridge Road
Bronx, NY 10461
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 790 students
2380 E Tremont Ave
Bronx, NY 10462
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.