Our Lady Of The Prairie School
Tel: (952) 873-6564
- At Our Lady of the Prairie, we are proud of the excellent education our students receive thanks to our smaller class sizes, multiage environment and dedicated teachers.
- OLP staff reaches the whole child, and our test results prove what a difference an OLP education can make.
- Students receive enrichment in: Faith instruction daily, Spanish, physical education, art, music, technology, band, and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,150|
|Tuition Notes||1st child- $3,150 2nd child- $2,950 3rd or more children $2,750|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Gleason|
- Our Lady of the Prairie Catholic School is dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, moral, phyical, and academic formation of children. Our school follows the principles of the Roman Catholic faith in a nurturing, multiage environment where all students thrive in the Light of Christ.
- Our Lady of the Prairie parish school has celebrated 127 years of education in the Belle Plaine Community. Records indicate that there were a couple of log structure churches in the early days of Belle Plaine. One Catholic church building, which existed in 1861, served 40 German families and 72 Irish families. In 1868, a vote for separation between the German members and the Irish members took place. Reportedly, the Germans wanted Mass in the German language. The German church was built in 1871 and named Sts. Peter and Paul. The early settlers built a parish school in 1878 in conjunction with the German church. Franciscan Sisters, many from Germany, taught in Belle Plaine for nine years. In 1888 a lay teacher from Chicago took over care for the school. There is little information about Sacred Heart church (the Irish church). Beside the mention of the formation of two parishes in 1868, there is one notation in the Historical Society's publication on the History of Belle Plaine that the Archbiship ordered that Sacred Heart and Sts. Peter and Paul parishes be consolidated in 1972 due to a shortage of priests. The consolidated community took the name: Our Lady of the Prairie.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jordan Grades: NS-6 | 104 students
215 Broadway St N
Jordan, MN 55352
(952) 492-2030 7.5 NS-6
- New Prague Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
227 Main Street E
New Prague, MN 56071
(952) 758-3133 10.9 PK-8
- Henderson Grades: K-11 | 35 students
35227 290th St
Henderson, MN 56044
(507) 248-3786 12.1 K-11
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.