Our Lady Of The Prairie School
At Our Lady of the Prairie, we are proud of the excellent education our students receive thanks to our smaller class sizes, multiage environment and dedicated teachers.
OLP staff reaches the whole child, and our test results prove what a difference an OLP education can make.
Students receive enrichment in: Faith instruction daily, Spanish, physical education, art, music, technology, band, and service.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 57 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,150
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
1st child- $3,150 2nd child- $2,950 3rd or more children $2,750
- Our Lady of the Prairie Catholic School is dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, moral, phyical, and academic formation of children. Our school follows the principles of the Roman Catholic faith in a nurturing, multiage environment where all students thrive in the Light of Christ.
- Our Lady of the Prairie parish school has celebrated 127 years of education in the Belle Plaine Community. Records indicate that there were a couple of log structure churches in the early days of Belle Plaine. One Catholic church building, which existed in 1861, served 40 German families and 72 Irish families. In 1868, a vote for separation between the German members and the Irish members took place. Reportedly, the Germans wanted Mass in the German language. The German church was built in 1871 and named Sts. Peter and Paul. The early settlers built a parish school in 1878 in conjunction with the German church. Franciscan Sisters, many from Germany, taught in Belle Plaine for nine years. In 1888 a lay teacher from Chicago took over care for the school. There is little information about Sacred Heart church (the Irish church). Beside the mention of the formation of two parishes in 1868, there is one notation in the Historical Society's publication on the History of Belle Plaine that the Archbiship ordered that Sacred Heart and Sts. Peter and Paul parishes be consolidated in 1972 due to a shortage of priests. The consolidated community took the name: Our Lady of the Prairie.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Our Lady Of The Prairie School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.