Our Savior Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Our Savior Lutheran School Photo #2 - Kindergarten students benefit from a curriculum focused on academic success in Math, Science, Social Studies and Reading along with Music, Physical Education, Art, Computers and Christian Education. Many of our students started in Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten and stay until 8th grade!
- The purpose of Savior Lutheran School is to assist families in teaching children the Christian faith, academic excellence, leadership skills, community service, self-improvement and personal growth.
- The vision of Savior Lutheran School to educate children grounded in Christian faith and moral values combined with high academic standards, technology skills, and leadership skills for the 21st century.
- Our Savior Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to students at the school.
- It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, and athletic and other school administered programs.
- The curriculum of Our Savior Lutheran School complies with the requirements of the State of Michigan.
- All teachers are Michigan State certified. In addition, the curriculum is Bible-based and Christ-centered.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 3 year olds is $1500, 4 yr olds is $2000. For K-8, the first child is $5600. Members of Our Savior Lutheran receive $2000 per student from the congregation. Tuition assistance is also available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Debbie Walworth|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lansing Grades: K-12 | 113 students
4415 W St Joseph Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
(517)323-8903 6.5 K-12
- Lansing Grades: PK-8 | 548 students
4433 West Willow Highway
Lansing, MI 48917
(517)321-6126 4 PK-8
The teachers and staff at Our Savior Lutheran are extremely dedicated in delivering high quality education while placing a large focus on Christianity and moral principles. Children who attend Our Savior will experience a Christian environment, creating compassionate and kindhearted kids who will demonstrate integrity and leadership.
- Posted by Parent - lisaa
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.