- The purpose of Savior Lutheran School is to assist families in teaching children the Christian faith, academic excellence, leadership skills, community service, self-improvement and personal growth.
- The vision of Savior Lutheran School to educate children grounded in Christian faith and moral values combined with high academic standards, technology skills, and leadership skills for the 21st century.
- Our Savior Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to students at the school.
- It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, and athletic and other school administered programs.
- The curriculum of Our Savior Lutheran School complies with the requirements of the State of Michigan.
- All teachers are Michigan State certified. In addition, the curriculum is Bible-based and Christ-centered.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 3 year olds is $1400, 4 yr olds is $1900. For K-8, the first child is $5200. Members of Our Savior Lutheran receive $2000 per student from the congregation. Tuition assistance is also available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Debbie Walworth|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LansingGrades: PK-10 | 61 students
5330 W St Joe Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
Grand LedgeGrades: PK-8 | 209 students
325 Edwards St
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
LansingGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
4433 West Willow Highway
Lansing, MI 48917
LansingGrades: PK-6 | 137 students
2100 W Saint Joseph St
Lansing, MI 48915
LansingGrades: K-12 | 113 students
Po Box 80737
Lansing, MI 48908
The teachers and staff at Our Savior Lutheran are extremely dedicated in delivering high quality education while placing a large focus on Christianity and moral principles. Children who attend Our Savior will experience a Christian environment, creating compassionate and kindhearted kids who will demonstrate integrity and leadership.
- Posted by Parent - lisaa
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.