Emanuel Lutheran School
- Through Emanuel Lutheran School we strive to provide for the earthly and eternal welfare of each child and guide him in the development of the spiritual, physical, mental, social, and emotional abilities given him by God.
- Emanuel Lutheran School subscribes to the following objectives: · Faithfulness in teaching God's Word to nurture in children a growing trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior from sin · Excellence in teaching the basic elementary school curriculum, with high expectations for learning in an environment permeated by Christ and His Gospel · A rich devotional life as a source of spiritual strength · Daily Christian pupil interaction as an important factor in building character and in training for Christian living · Support of Christian parenting and home life as the basic building block of our Lutheran congregations and of human society · The dedication of time, talents, and treasures to God in a life of faithful stewardship · The understanding and appreciation of the principles and values of a democratic society · The development of a thoroughly excited and dedicated laity for our Lutheran church.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|Tuition Notes||Church members receive a $3700 scholarship for each child.|
|Admissions Director||Daniel Hosbach|
|Admissions Associate||Marilou Gulick|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Forensics/Fine Arts Fair, Piano Lessons, Youth Choir|
- A school curriculum consists of all the experiences which come to a child through the school. Our curriculum strives to provide a balanced menu for growth in all areas of the child's life -- the mental, physical, spiritual, and social/emotional. So it is also expressed in Luke 2:52: “Jesus grew in wisdom (mental) and stature (physical) and in favor with God (spiritual) and man (social/emotional).” Although we desire to meet every need of every child, we do not claim to reach that lofty goal because we are limited by time, talent, and treasury. The recognized and standard courses required by the government and found in any elementary school are part of Emanuel's curriculum -- with a profound difference. God's Holy Word shines its light on all areas of conduct and course material. Our Bible-permeated course of study includes art, handwriting, health, language, mathematics, music, physical education, reading, science, social studies, spelling, and writing. Our studies in the Scripture include Bible history, church history, hymn study, and Luther's Catechism. In grades seven and eight an intensive study of Luther's Catechism leads to the rite of confirmation and a knowledgeable and committed Lutheran laity. Our triune God is worshiped in daily classroom devotions and a weekly chapel service. Briefly stated, it is the goal of Emanuel Lutheran School to prepare children for useful lives as citizens in this life and to direct attention to the lasting citizenship they will share with other Christians in heaven.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Lansing Grades: PK-8 | 385 students
915 Alton Rd
East Lansing, MI 48823
(517)332-0813 4.1 PK-8
- Lansing Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
3830 Rosemont St
Lansing, MI 48910
(517)882-6631 3.5 PK-8
- Lansing Grades: PK-8 | 205 students
1527 E Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48912
(517)487-0439 1.5 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.