Tel: (212) 721-8888
- The Parkside School welcomes elementary schoolchildrenfromdiverse ethnic, social and economic backgrounds whohave a wide range of social pragmatic and language-based learning difficulties.
- We serve the whole child by offering athoughtfully designed, comprehensive array of academic and supportservices.
- Our goal is to enable our students to pursue learningin their areas of strength, to acquire tools and strategies toprogress in their areas of challenge and to develop respectand understanding for themselves and others.
- The Parkside educational program is tailored tomeet the particular needs of each individual student.
- Our guiding principle is to serve the whole child witha full array of academic subjects delivered in a rigorousand structured classroom program that is interwoven with acomplimentary range of therapies and specialty classes deliveredindividually, in dyads, small, and whole group settings.
Parkside School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech, language and communiczation difficulties, dyslexia, sensory/ regulation difficulties, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Rachel Vannucci|
|Endowment Size||$7 million|
- Visit our website for detailed information aboutourschool,philosophy, mission, admissions, events,andgivingopportunities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 375 students
148 W 90th St
New York, NY 10024
(212) 787-7070 0.8 NS-8
- New York Grades: K-12 | 398 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212) 722-0610 2.5 K-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.