Phoenix Christian School PreK-8
Tel: (602) 956-9330
- The mission of Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 is to partner with Christian homes and Christian churches to educate children for lives of loving and obedient service to God, His kingdom and all mankind.
- The home, church and school work together, each mutually supporting the other.
- Our goal is that Phoenix Christian School students will gain an understanding of God's great love for them, and will rely on His word as the foundation for all wisdom and learning.
- At PCS the truths of Scripture have provided a light and a path to teach students about our great God, His world, and their place in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School polo shirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K - $7414/yr 1-4 - $7919/yr 5-8 - $8430/yr|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ryan K Groen, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Madderom|
|Endowment Size||$0.25 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 teaches a Christian world view to all students. Our teachers are state certified and highly qualified. We offer a curriculum that intergrates Biblical teachings into every subject area throughout the school day. We offer an after school sports program for students in grades 5-8 with competition against other schools around the valley in baseball, basketball, cross-country, softball, soccer, and volleyball. We offer: Art (PreK-8), Drama (7-8), Library (PreK-8), Instrumental Music (4-8) Vocal Music (PreK-8), Physical Education (K-8), Spanish (K-8), and Yearbook (7-8). Our students and staff attend chapel twice a month. We have annual school themes based on God's Word.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 523 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602) 274-4866 4.7 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 306 students
11875 N. 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85028
(602) 992-8140 8.4 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?