Phoenix Christian School PreK-8
The mission of Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 is to partner with Christian homes and Christian churches to educate children for lives of loving and obedient service to God, His kingdom and all mankind.
The home, church and school work together, each mutually supporting the other.
Our goal is that Phoenix Christian School students will gain an understanding of God's great love for them, and will rely on His word as the foundation for all wisdom and learning.
At PCS the truths of Scripture have provided a light and a path to teach students about our great God, His world, and their place in it.
- Top Ranked AZ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 140 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
School polo shirts required
School polo shirts required
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
K - $7414/yr 1-4 - $7919/yr 5-8 - $8430/yr
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Ryan K Groen, Principal
- Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 teaches a Christian world view to all students. Our teachers are state certified and highly qualified. We offer a curriculum that intergrates Biblical teachings into every subject area throughout the school day. We offer an after school sports program for students in grades 5-8 with competition against other schools around the valley in baseball, basketball, cross-country, softball, soccer, and volleyball. We offer: Art (PreK-8), Drama (7-8), Library (PreK-8), Instrumental Music (4-8) Vocal Music (PreK-8), Physical Education (K-8), Spanish (K-8), and Yearbook (7-8). Our students and staff attend chapel twice a month. We have annual school themes based on God's Word.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Phoenix Christian School PreK-8. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.