Phoenix Christian School PreK-8
- The mission of Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 is to partner with Christian homes and Christian churches to educate children for lives of loving and obedient service to God, His kingdom and all mankind.
- The home, church and school work together, each mutually supporting the other.
- Our goal is that Phoenix Christian School students will gain an understanding of God's great love for them, and will rely on His word as the foundation for all wisdom and learning.
- At PCS the truths of Scripture have provided a light and a path to teach students about our great God, His world, and their place in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School polo shirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ryan K Groen, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Madderom|
|Endowment Size||$0.25 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 teaches a Christian world view to all students. Our teachers are state certified and highly qualified. We offer a curriculum that intergrates Biblical teachings into every subject area throughout the school day. We offer an after school sports program for students in grades 5-8 with competition against other schools around the valley in baseball, basketball, cross-country, softball, soccer, and volleyball. We offer: Art (PreK-8), Drama (7-8), Library (PreK-8), Instrumental Music (4-8) Vocal Music (PreK-8), Physical Education (K-8), Spanish (K-8), and Yearbook (7-8). Our students and staff attend chapel twice a month. We have annual school themes based on God's Word.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 523 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602)274-4866 4.7 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 306 students
11875 N. 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85028
(602)992-8140 8.4 PK-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.