Phoenix Christian School PreK-8
- The mission of Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 is to educate children from Christian families for lives of obedient service to God, His kingdom and all mankind.
- The home, church and school work together, each mutually supporting the other.
- The belief was (and is) that our children should experience and gain an understanding of God's great love for them, and rely on His word as the foundation for all wisdom and learning.
- At PCS the truths of Scripture have provided a light and a path to teach students to understand our great God, His world, and their place in it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School polo shirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Kindergarten / $6,043 Tuition for grades 1-4 / $6,612 Tuition for grades 5-8 / $6,936 3 Day Pre-K Per month 8:45 - 11:45 / $220 3 Day Pre-K per month 8:45 - 3:30 / $385 5 Day Pre-K per month 8:45 - 11:45 / $308 5 Day Pre-K Per Month 8|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sue Vander Ploeg, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine DeHoogh|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- Phoenix Christian School PreK-8 teaches a Christian world view to all students. Our teachers are state certified and highly qualified. We offer a curriculum that intergrates Biblical teachings into every subject area throughout the school day. We offer an after school sports program for students in grades 5-8 with competition against other schools around the valley. We offer technology classes, library, yearbook (JH), drama (JH), art (K-8), Physical Education (K-8), instrumental music (4-8) vocal music (PK-8). with two music concerts (Dec and April). Our students and staff attend chapel twice a month and this years' school theme is "Servants for Christ."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhoenixGrades: PK-8 | 513 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
- PhoenixGrades: PK-12 | 300 students
11875 N. 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85028
- PhoenixGrades: K-8 | 826 students
3738 N 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85016
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.