Pincushion Hill Montessori School
Pincushion Hill Montessori School is a private school located in beautiful Ashland, Massachusetts serving preschool, kindergarten, and elementary students. Offering before/after school care, enrichments, summer program.
Montessori teaches students to think, not simply to memorize, feedback, and forget.
The basis of our approach is the simple observation that children learn most effectively through direct experience and the process of investigation and discovery.
No two students learn at the same pace, nor do they necessarily learn best from the same methods.
Our goal is to be flexible and creative in addressing each student as a unique individual.
The Pincushion Hill Montessori School is designed to be a school where children can blossom! We seek to inspire a passion for excellence and to nurture curiosity, creativity and imagination.
Our goal is to give students a fine education and to prepare them for life.
Our students develop into people who are fascinated by the universe, and feel compelled to understand something of life's secrets.
They come to see that we all belong to the Earth and to the human family.
Our students are prepared to succeed in high school, college and beyond.
They are prepared to live lives filled with quiet dignity and compassion for others.
This begins with the habit of community service instilled during their years in Montessori.
Our students are building a legacy of kindness and wonderful contributions to the world.
Areas of instruction: Art, Music, Spanish, STEM, and Garden Science.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 44 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,000
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
See website: https://pincushion.com/programs/summer-program/
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Music Lessons, STEAM
Art Classes, Music Lessons, STEAM
- Pincushion has provided an exemplary education for children in Ashland, Framingham, Hopkinton, Natick and the surrounding communities since 1962. The Montessori Method of education, developed by Dr. Maria Montessori over a century ago, is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations. It is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the whole child; physical, social, emotional and cognitive. Her basic principle was to "follow the child." Montessori is the perfect place to send your child if you are looking to inspire him or her to develop a lifelong love of learning. Children in their pre-school and kindergarten years (2.9 to 6) begin in the Children`s House. At these ages, Dr. Montessori believed that children have "an absorbent mind" meaning that they are able to effortlessly absorb everything in their environment. It is a mixed age classroom that provides individual and group lessons and activities. Children learn from one another this can be seen in family and play situations where children are free to observe and interact in a variety of activities. The children learn high levels of cognitive and social skills not only through mental development, but also by observing others as models. The many categories are Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Sciences, STEM and Outdoor Activities (Gardening Program and many life skills). Montessori Elementary classrooms are fundamentally different from traditional classrooms. Montessori Elementary is a program that grows out of respect for the mind of a rapidly developing child. The Elementary age child strives for intellectual independence. This is a time of insatiable curiosity and excitement for learning.
Profile last updated: 09/14/2020
Having witnessed how Montessori brought out the full potential of a child, I was extremely motivated to find a Montessori School for our then two-year-old, and we found Pincushion. As soon as he made the cut, we became part of the Pincushion family. We had our worries and concerns that he was too young when he started at USCH, that he would have difficulties to warm up and trust his teachers when he had more than his fair share of constant changes at his formal daycare center. With love and care from his teachers and everyone else, he made his transition and blossomed. If a child cries because he misses his school and friends, something is terribly right about the school. Pincushion not only offers the academic excellence, more importantly, it helps a child become a loving and caring person, fosters their curiosity, teaches them friendship, respect and teamwork in solving problems and conflicts, and prepares them for the challenges ahead throughout their lifetime. As a family, Pincushion didn`t forget the parents. It has taught us valuable lessons through our children and help us to become better parents. The fact that my five-year-old reminds us from time to time that we need to find ways to work out our differences is incredible. If all children in this world were brought up this way, we would not have so many conflicts and distrusts. As parents, that`s the best gift that we can offer to our children.Three years have passed, our little boy is growing up in this warm environment. There is no word in the world that can describe our gratitude towards the teachers and staff at Pincushion. As he is moving on from Children`s House to Lower Elementary, we are looking forward to the next three years at Pincushion and beyond.
Our two girlsfour and six years oldare both starting their third year at PHMS. Why do they stay there, you ask? Well, the school has been everything we hoped for and more. Our six-year-old has been reading chapter books for over a year. She blows us away every day with her vocabulary, and she writes journals without help. Our four-year-old just told us how eager she is to start reading on her own. After playing outside recently, she came in and told us how a Monarch butterfly went by her headnot just any butterfly, a Monarch butterfly!If that`s not enough, let me tell you that they have brought home more food from their garden at school that went right into dinner.It`s wonderful to send our children to school knowing that they are getting an excellent education and practical lessons for life.Allian Iffih
Endorse Pincushion Hill Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.