Pinecrest Academy Inc
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (770) 888-4477
Pinecrest Academy Inc Photo #2 - The Class of 2020 earned over $11 million in scholarship awards to 95 colleges and universities. Thirty-six members of the class were Zell Miller scholars, and 37 were HOPE scholars. Seven graduates are playing sports in college.
Pinecrest Academy Inc Photo #3 - We provide an atmosphere of academic rigor and critical thinking, while helping students discover their God-given talents and gifts. Always in mind is our mission, to form Christian leaders who will transform society.
Pinecrest Academy Inc Photo #4 - Our Lower School classes have a maximum of 20 students, allowing for lots of love and personal attention from their teachers.
Pinecrest Academy Inc Photo #5 - We offer numerous opportunities for participation in a variety of sports and extracurricular activities, including Georgia High School Association (GHSA) athletics, recreational sports, clubs, and after school enrichment programs.
- Pinecrest Academy is a private, Pre-K through 12, college preparatory Catholic school, located in Cumming, GA. We provide an atmosphere of academic rigor and critical thinking, while offering Christ-centered personalized attention to students.
- Pinecrest implements the philosophy of Integral Formation, developing the human, intellectual, spiritual and apostolic dimensions of the whole child.
- Pinecrest is a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School, the only PreK-12 school in the State of Georgia to receive the 2014 award.
- We are a Cardinal Newman Society Catholic School of Excellence and part of the RC Education family of schools.
- We maintain a one hundred percent high school graduation rate, and the Class of 2020 received over $11 million in scholarship awards.
- Our Lower School consists of class sizes of 20 or less, allowing for more teacher-child interaction.
- Middle and High School students dedicate at least 10 hours per year to service projects, as part of our mission to develop Christian leaders who will transform society.
- Pinecrest is located at 955 Peachtree Parkway in Cumming, serving Forsyth County, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Suwanee, Duluth, Milton, and other North Atlanta areas.
- To learn more, visit www.pinecrestacademy.org or call (770) 888-4477. Schedule a tour: https://www.pinecrestacademy.org/admissions/apply-now.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, ADHD, anxiety|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AP, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature & Composition, European History, Government, Latin: Vergil, Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statics, Studio Art 2-D Design, Studio Art 3-D Design, Studio Art Drawing and Painting, US History, World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Grade specific uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K (½ Day - 5 HALF days): $9,500 Pre-K (Full day - 5 FULL days): $10,555 Kindergarten - 5th Grades: $15,170 Middle School (6th-8th Grades): $17,085 High School (9th-12th Grades): $19,115|
|Admissions Director||Melissa McWaters|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret Frain|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Club, Challenge Club, Chess Club, Conquest Club, Culture Appreciation Society, Cycling Club, Debate Club, Drug Awareness Club, Film Club, Gaming Club, Interact Club, Math Club, Mission Club, National English Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honors Society, National Latin Honor Society, National Math Honor Society, National Science Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Pro-Life Club, Prom Committee, Public Speaking, Recycling Club, Spirit Club, Student Senate
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, Drumline, International Theatre Honors Society, International Thespian Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Basketball, Recreational Soccer
- Pinecrest Academy is a private, Pre-K through 12, college preparatory Catholic school. We provide an atmosphere of academic rigor and critical thinking, while offering personalized attention in a Christ-centered environment of faith and reason. We prepare students to become committed Christian leaders, eager to transform a global society. Following the educational philosophy of the Legionaries of Christ, we implement Integral Formation to develop the intellectual, human, spiritual, and apostolic dimensions of the whole child. We challenge students to identify and use their gifts in service to others. Recognizing the parent as the primary educator of the child, our mission embraces the entire family. We provide a safe, moral, and spiritual environment which leads to positive peer groups and joyful, caring, confident students.
- Pinecrest Academy has been designated a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School by the United States Department of Education, the only PreK-12 in the State of Georgia to receive this honor. The school has been recognized as a School of Excellence by the Cardinal Newman Society Catholic School Honor Roll since 2007. Pinecrest Academy is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS). We are also affiliated with the following associations: Georgia Independent School Association (GISA), National Catholic Education Association (NCEA), and National Consultants for Education (NCE).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duluth Grades: K-12 | 334 students
4635 River Green Pkwy
Duluth, GA 30096
(678) 387-9385 8.5 K-12
Pinecrest Academy has given our 9th grade daughter a wonderful education since Kindergarten. She has received and excellent education and formation over the years. She has grown in her confidence as a person and in her abilities and talents. Pinecrest gives all the students many opportunities to grow into the person they are called to be. The extra sacrifice in tuition is well worth it.
- Posted by Parent - Denise
I attended Pinecrest Academy from 2009 to 2014 and I highly recommend the school! The education was highly instructive and prepared me well for my college years! The teachers are fantastic and truly care about and know their students. The entire environment is very family oriented and loving. For a smaller school, there are many after-school clubs and sports available! Overall, I'm very glad I came to Pinecrest and I wouldn't choose any other school to have attended for high school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ansley Heard
My son started Pinecrest in 7th grade, and it has been a wonderful experience for our family. He absolutely loves Pinecrest and is thriving. He has met some great friends. I have gotten to know other Pinecrest families, and it's a wonderful group. The dyslexia program has helped my son. He told me the teachers teach the way he learns. I highly recommend Pinecrest Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Pinecrest Mom
We came to Pinecrest after being thoroughly disappointed with another private school in the area. We were welcomed with open arms and found that Pinecrest provided us with everything we wanted. If you're seeking a loving environment, strong academics, enriching extracurricular activities, and a great sports program, you've found your home at Pinecrest.
- Posted by Parent - Susan Lockhart
We have had two kids in the school since Kindergarten and now one has graduated and the other is a junior. If you are looking for a good Catholic education with great academics and a wonderful opportunity to form your kids to be wonderful look no further. We would give more stars if it was available to us as a choice here.
- Posted by Parent - Alex
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?