Pinecrest Academy Inc
Pinecrest Academy strives to maximize the individual potential of each student. The SAT Scores of our class of 2012 averaged 90 points higher than those of the state. Four seniors out of 51 in the class of 2013 were recognized as National Merit Semifinalists by the College Board.
Gender-specific education allows boys and girls to flourish in an environment that best suits their different learning styles.
Students in every grade participate in drama, musical or band performances. Upper School students have two full-scale productions, and each year, students' artwork is recognized in competitions.
- The mission of Pinecrest Academy is to provide the highest quality education and foster integrally developed Christian leaders.
- This mission is fulfilled as Pinecrest students graduate as strong Christian leaders, convinced of the truth, prepared and committed to establish and foster a society where Christian values are taught, embraced and put into practice.
- This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person encompassing the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form.
- 1: To teach each student by transmitting knowledge appropriate to each grade level; 2: To educate each student to love authentic values and to develop a sense of what is good, right, noble, just, and beautiful; and, 3: To form the character of each student as the foundation of all virtue and integrity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||863 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AP, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature & Composition, European History, Government, Latin: Vergil, Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statics, Studio Art 2-D Design, Studio Art 3-D Design, Studio Art Drawing and Painting, US History, World History,|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Grade specific uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K (2 days)-Half Day $3,100 Pre-K (2 days)-Full Day $4,244 Pre-K (3 days)-Half Day $4,650 Pre-K (3 days)-Full Day $6,336 Pre-K (5 days)-Half Day $6,548 Pre-K (5 days)-Full Day $8,880 Lower School (K - 5th Grade) $12,250 Middle School (6th -|
|Admissions Director||Scott Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa McWaters|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Challenge Club, Chess Club, Conquest Club, Debate & Apologetics, Drama Club, Guitar Workshop, Latin Club, Math Club, Model UN, National English Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Latin Honor Society, National Science Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Newspaper, Odyssey of the Mind, Pro-Life Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Senate, Yearbook Club Academic Team, Challenge Club, Chess Club, Conquest Club, Drama Club, Latin Club, Math Club, Model UN, Newspaper, Pro-Life Club, Student Senate, Yearbook Club, Debate & Apologetics,|
National English Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
National Latin Honor Society,
National Science Honor Society,
National Spanish Honor Society,
Odyssey of the Mind,
- A Private Catholic School providing: Gender Separate Education 4th - 12th Full-Time Chaplain Daily Communion Academic-Based Pre-K Advanced Placement Courses Pre-K to Varsity Athletics Extra-Curricular Clubs
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DuluthGrades: PK-11 | 579 students
4635 River Green Pkwy
Duluth, GA 30096
- CummingGrades: PK-12 | 273 students
6905 Post Road
Cumming, GA 30040
- CummingGrades: K-12 | 192 students
1270 Sawnee Drive
Cumming, GA 30040
- AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 2667 students
1662 Rugby Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30337
- AthensGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
958 Epps Bridge Parkway
Athens, GA 30606
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.