Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual is an accredited virtual school for grades 6 - 12. There are no age restrictions to attend the Academy. Students may enroll to attend school on a flexible basis, recover credits and return to their school of transfer, or they may choose to finish their high school requirements and earn their high school diploma through Pinnacle.
Thorough assessments allow Pinnacle educators to develop an individualized learning plan that meets the unique needs of each of our students.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 27 students
- Yearly Tuition: $450
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia/ADD/ADHD/Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Biology, Calculus, Literature, U.S. History
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Our $450 monthly tuition is all inclusive. There are no additional fees for tutoring or proctoring.
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Our school is active 12 months out of the year.
National avg.: 85%
Rick White, Director of Education
Aletha Howie, SPED Director
- Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual is a tuition-based, private virtual school for students in grades 6 - 12. Pinnacle educators meet the student where he or she is. Upon enrollment, each student participates in comprehensive diagnostic assessments to help determine proficiencies and areas that require remediation. Results of the assessments guide our experienced staff in developing an individualized learning plan that sets our students on a course to succeed academically, socially and emotionally. Credit evaluation, academic counseling and college and career counseling are also provided.
- Pinnacle Private Academy is a program of Pinnacle Behavioral Health, Inc. (PBH). All PBH programs areaccredited in Behavioral Health Care by The Joint Commission. Academic programs are accredited as College Prep by Cognia (formerly AdvancED).
- Pinnacle offers rolling admissions so any student at any age can register for one class, one semester of classes, on year of classes, or attend until they earn a diploma through Pinnacle. Students may work at their own pace by accelerating or slowing down as needed.
- Pinnacle Private Academy provides students with core classes, electives, and most importantly, actual support from qualified instructors. Many online programs simply make the curriculum available for students who must learn to navigate on their own. Tutoring and proctoring are often additional expenses. Pinnacle supports its students by providing teachers who have extensive experience with online curriculums and proctors to oversee testing. Staffed with certified special education teachers, Pinnacle accommodates students with special needs and IEPs. These services are included in our monthly fee of $450.
- Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual follows the Alabama High School Course of Study. Our specialists help students schedule his or her high school classes in order to fulfill the requirements for graduation.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual cost?
Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual's tuition is approximately $450 for private students and $450 for summer students.
What is the acceptance rate of Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual?
The acceptance rate of Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual is 100%, which is higher than the national average of 90%.
Does Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual offer a summer program?
Yes, Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual?
The application deadline for Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Pinnacle Private Academy Virtual. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.