- The educational philosophy at Pioneer School is based on a thematic approach to education.
- Every year we choose four to six special topics for in-depth study.
- Each topic serves as a vehicle for teaching subjects such as Math, Science, Reading, Spelling and Social Studies.
- It is our belief that standard subjects are more meaningful to students, and skills are more readily acquired, when taught in the context of an interesting theme.
- It is also our belief that immersion in an area of study allows the students to experience success and the satisfaction of accomplishment as they expend time and effort thoroughly exploring a topic.
- Pioneer School is dedicated to making school an exciting place where children enjoy learning.
- Our thematic approach emphasizes student involvement with hands-on activities and topic-related field trips.
- Pioneer School students work through challenges in group settings as well as independently.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spokane Grades: NS-6 | 132 students
9408 N Wall Street
Spokane, WA 99218
(509)466-2695 11.8 NS-6
- Spokane Grades: PK-K | 57 students
402 S Coleman Rd
Spokane, WA 99212
(509)924-1324 5.3 PK-K
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.