The Oaks Classical Christian Academy
The Oaks is a private, Classical Christian school located in Spokane, Washington educating students in grades K-12.
Founded in 1996, the school has been blessed with a rich history of spiritual and academic excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus I, Calculus II, Christian Literature, Physics, Rhetoric I, Rhetoric II|
|Average SAT score||1318|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is divided out evenly over 12 months. Kindergarten (Half Day M-F) - $4140/yr Kindergarten (Full Day/Enhancement M-F) - $7920/yr Grammar (1st - 6th Grades) - $7920/yr Secondary (7th - 12th Grades) - $8220/yr|
|Admissions Director||Anya Schnell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Academy for the Creative and Performing Arts, Theater
- THE OAKS` VISION STATEMENT
- We aim to partner with parents to graduate young men and women who think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding; who reason persuasively and articulate precisely; who are capable of evaluating their entire range of experience in the light of the Scriptures; and who do so with eagerness in joyful submission to God. We desire them to recognize cultural influences as distinct from biblical, and to be unswayed towards evil by the former. We aim to find them well-prepared in all situations, possessing both information and the knowledge of how to use it. We desire they be socially graceful and spiritually gracious; equipped with and understanding the tools of learning; desiring to grow in understanding, yet fully realizing the limitations and foolishness of the wisdom of this world. We desire they have a heart for the lost and the courage to seek to dissuade those who are stumbling towards destruction; that they distinguish real religion from religion in form only; and that they possess the former, knowing and loving the Lord Jesus Christ. And all these we desire them to possess with humility and gratitude to God.
- We likewise aim to cultivate these same qualities in our staff and to see them well paid so that they may make a career at The Oaks. We desire them to be professional and diligent in their work, gifted in teaching, loving their students and their subjects. We desire they clearly understand classical education, how it works in their classroom and how their work fits into the whole; that they possess a lifelong hunger to learn and grow; and that they have opportunity to be refreshed and renewed. We desire to see them coach and nurture new staff and to serve as academic mentors to students. We look to see them mature in Christ, growing in the knowledge of God, their own children walking with the Lord.
- We aim to cultivate in our parents a sense of responsibility for the school; to see them well informed about the goals of our classical and Christ-centered approach. We desire them to grow with the school, involved in and excited about the journey. We aim to help them to follow biblical principles in addressing concerns, to be inclined to hearing both sides of a story before rendering a verdict, and to embrace the Scripture's injunctions to encourage and stir up one another to love and good works.
- Finally, in our relationship with our community, we aim to be above reproach in our business dealings and supportive of the local business community. We further seek to exemplify the unity of the body of Christ, to develop greater fellowship and understanding with the churches, and to bring honor to our Lord in all our endeavors.
- "If we work upon marble, it will perish; if on brass, time will efface it; if we rear temples, they will crumble into dust; but if we work upon immortal minds, and imbue them with principles, with the just fear of God and love of our fellow men, we engrave on those tablets something that will brighten to all enternity." S. F. Scovel
- "To know the laws of God in nature and revelation, and then to fashion the affections and will into harmony with those laws - this is education." Daniel Webster
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spokane Grades: NS-6 | 132 students
9408 N Wall Street
Spokane, WA 99218
(509) 466-2695 10.8 NS-6
- Veradale Grades: K-5 | 67 students
618 N Sullivan Rd Ste 5
Veradale, WA 99037
(509) 922-7818 3.2 K-5
- Spokane Grades: NS-8 | 431 students
3510 E 18th Ave
Spokane, WA 99223
(509) 534-1098 5 NS-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.