Professional Children's School
Tel: (212) 582-3116
- Since our founding in 1914, PCS has been providing an academic education especially designed for talented young people pursuing goals in the performing arts, entertainment and competitive sports. PCS provides all of the necessary academic tools to ensure success in leading colleges, universities and conservatories, as well as throughout life, while enabling students to pursue their individual goals outside of school.
- Our academic program ensures that our students can focus on both school and their outside interests by incorporating flexible academic schedules, guided study while away from school, and an understanding environment of accommodation and advance planning on the part of the faculty.
Professional Children's School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shari Honig|
|Admissions Associate||Jean Scales|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212) 423-5200 1.8 K-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.