5.00 (8 reviews)
Providence Academy Photo #2 - Providence Academy is a fully accredited independent private Christian school with full-day Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Providence Academy Photo #3 - Classes go on fun-filled field trips throughout the year to augment learning in the classroom. We want students to be engaged through immersion and experiential learning!
Providence Academy Photo #4 - Weekly chapel services are an important part of spiritual development at Providence Academy.
Providence Academy Photo #5 - Providence Academy embraces the creative and performing arts. Students have the opportunity to explore their creativity in our Art, Music and Drama programs.
Providence Academy Photo #6 - In addition to weekly P.E. classes in-school, our Athletics Program includes a variety of extra-curricular sports programs, including Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Volleyball, Soccer, and Cheerleading.
Providence Academy Photo #7 - We realize and embrace that every child is a unique gift from God and there are a variety of ways students learn. Interactive lessons and engaging students are core values at Providence Academy.
Providence Academy Photo #8 - Parents are a vital part of our school. Many parents volunteer in classrooms, after-school activities, and serve on our School Board.
Providence Academy Photo #9 - Service is an important part of the Providence Academy experience. Students participate in a wide range of activities to give back to our community.
- The mission of Providence Academy is to nurture and educate children, in partnership with their parents, churches, and broader community, to become mature spiritually, academically, socially, and physically to the glory of God.
- We provide an education informed by the classical tradition, yet responsive to current research on best teaching practices.
- We strive to foster excellence in all respects in a loving, Christian environment.
- Providence Academy envisions a world transformed by our students - future leaders who apply their Christian values to critically think, problem solve, and creatively impact their community.
- We envision a community of learners, whose educational and extracurricular experiences occur on a beautiful campus in a state-of-the-art facility.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,975|
|Tuition Notes||1st through 5th Grade $9975 / student K and Upper School $10,500 / student|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chris Carter|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Kids With Purpose, Math Olympiad, STEAM Lab
Arts and Music Programs:
Private Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Providence Academy is a fully accredited independent Christian school with a full day K-8 program. We accomplish our mission and vision through: hiring only highly qualified faculty and staff; maintaining high expectations for all students; utilizing high quality curriculum in core courses; integrating technology into learning; offering physical education, health, foreign language, art, and music; operating with a comprehensive software system that allows for prompt, accurate, and detailed recordation of student work and behavior; offering extracurricular activities that extend learning, and enhance student talents and skills; and providing for the spiritual and character development of the teachers, staff, and students through the partnership with a church, Bible study, chapel, and service requirements and opportunities. The environment is warm and loving, with small class sizes and pedagogical practices consistent with high student outcomes. Finally, the school has a board of directors that are committed to the operational integrity of every facet of its governance and leadership.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leesburg Grades: PK-K | 227 students
818 S King St
Leesburg, VA 20175
(571)223-6736 0.6 PK-K
- Ashburn Grades: K-8 | 423 students
21370 St. Theresa Lane
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703)729-3577 7.1 K-8
My child has been at Providence Academy since Jr. K and has thrived in this environment. Providence Academy provides a nurturing environment that couples an accelerated curriculum with traditional Christian values. Providence prides itself in molding well-rounded young men and women who excel academically, are excellent stewards of Christ and good citizens of the world we live in. The teachers and staff are excellent, the class sizes are small and the extracurricular programs are well rounded offering an ideal setting for children to learn in. Thumbs up for Providence Academy!
- Posted by Parent - mandt
Great learning environment for our child! Providence Academy offers an excellent learning experience - high academic standards coupled with Christian values presented in a nurturing and welcoming environment. Small class sizes allow the teachers to be hands-on and personal with every student. My son loves going to school every day and flourishes in this environment. As a parent, I couldn't ask for more for my child!
- Posted by Parent - marth
Providence Academy is an amazing place - it is a truly Christ- centered school that has become an extension of our family. The administration and teachers are loving, smart, kind and creative. The encourage each child, they all know every child by name and the school is such a positive place for all kids. The school's spiritual focus and academic rigor are top notch! We are so grateful for PA!
- Posted by Parent - Krist
Providence Academy is a great Christian school. It is everything our Upper School student needs. With small class sizes, he gets the personalized attention that he needs. Because of the family like atmosphere created at the school, he has a built in support system of friends and teachers to help him through these challenging middle school years. I love the whole idea of no compromises. Strong Academics and Strong Faith. Lots of schools can teach academics but very few will teach my child how to live out his faith. The teachers at Providence Academy Upper School are simply the best and do both these things every single day. We are truly blessed.
- Posted by Parent - mallo
Excellent school! Both of our students attend here. Aside from the great teachers and strong education, we really feel a kinship with the other families. It is such a welcoming, positive community. The faculty are amazing, our kids are always so excited for Monday mornings!
- Posted by Parent - bhill
Outstanding for our daughters. We can not recommend Providence enough. From the teachers and staff to the fellow families of PA, it has been a great experience for our family. The small class size allows the teachers to get to know their students and tailor the curriculum to his/her needs. All of the teachers that we have had have gone above and beyond in teaching our girls. The most important part? The girls are excited to go learn!
- Posted by Parent - novem
I have had two students there for almost four years and would not change a thing. We have been through changes from Dominion to Providence, but only good things have occurred from these changes. Academics, teacher, and faculty have only gotten better with time. We have an amazing team of specials teachers who give to the kids above and beyond what anyone could imagine. If you decide to allow your kiddo to go to Providence there is an immediate feeling of belonging to a family. Nothing short of amazing.
- Posted by Parent - tjade
Providence Academy is a school where Christ is present every single day. Of my 14 years of teaching experience, 7 of those have been spent with the most amazing, inspiring Christian teachers I have had the pleasure to know. Our school prides itself on small classes which allows teachers to teach to each individual child. With a close partnership with our parents we help every child achieve their individual goals. We engage the whole class in lessons that involve lively approaches to our rigorous curriculum. Providence Academy has such a strong sense of family. You can feel the joy coming from the classrooms as you walk our hallways. We love our students and celebrate their victories, both inside and outside the classroom. I am blessed to be part of this amazing community!
- Posted by Teacher - tammy
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.