Providence Catholic High School
- Providence Catholic High School is a Catholic, coeducational, diocesan secondary school administered by the Augustinians. We are staffed by both religious and lay people.
- The school has been located in New Lenox, Illinois since 1962.
- We exist to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Catholic Christian community.
- We prepare students of all faiths and races for the challenges of college and adult life through a quality college preparatory education.
- We are a community who strive to love one another as our God loves us.
Providence Catholic High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild/Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||1,036 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Programming, AP English Language & Competition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2-D Design, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP U.S Government & Politics, AP U.S. History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,725|
|Tuition Notes||2nd child 10% discount. 3rd child 25% discount 4th child 100% discount|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
|Admissions Director||Rachel Ellingson|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Augustinian Youth Ministry, Band, Bass Fishing, Book Club, Bowling Club, Choir, Class Officers, Color Guard, Habitat for Humanity, International Club, Law Club, Math Team, Mock Trial (ISBA), National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Poetry Slam, Poms/Dance Team, Providence Broadcasting Station, Proviscope-Newspaper, Scholastic Bowl, Science Club, Strategic Games Club, Student Council, Theatre, World Language Honor Society, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Joliet Grades: 9-12 | 676 students
1200 N Larkin Ave
Joliet, IL 60435
(815)741-0500 10.3 9-12
- Lisle Grades: 9-12 | 1330 students
2200 Maple Ave
Lisle, IL 60532
(630)719-2782 20.5 9-12
- Burbank Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
5556 W 77th St
Burbank, IL 60459
(708)458-6900 18.9 9-12
Best Providence Catholic High School in the state of Illinois. I was well prepared for college and beyond.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Logan Springgate
This school is pretty good, but run very poorly. The administration is blind to student recomendations. The school is very biased in many aspects, and it fails to help students threw the college application processes.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - xbeng
Providence is a wonderful high school my daughter just loves it.
- Posted by Parent - tdeca