Pyc Alternative Schools
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center is a place of strength, safety and beauty where every young person is looked out for, nurtured and challenged.
- Youth, adults, families and communities come together to turn back the tides of poverty and violence, embracing hope, compassion and the reality of a better world.
- The PCYC Alternative School offers a positive school climate for youth in grades 9 -12, that have not been successful in other school programs.
- Students at PCYC Alternative School are discovering and applying critical learning tools they had never picked up before, from improved reading and writing to how to truly listen to someone.
- These skills not only help them earn their diplomas, but prepare them to be successful with further education, in their jobs, even in their relationships.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-6 | 124 students
2304 Emerson Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612)287-9775 0.6 PK-6
- Minneapolis Grades: K-8 | 341 students
1726 Dupont Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612)521-3609 0.8 K-8
- Minneapolis Grades: NS-8 | 154 students
1630 4th St Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55413
(612)789-8851 2.2 NS-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
4050 Hubbard Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763)537-1329 2.3 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952)988-3420 2.4 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.