Pyc Alternative Schools
Tel: (612) 522-6501
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center is a place of strength, safety and beauty where every young person is looked out for, nurtured and challenged.
- Youth, adults, families and communities come together to turn back the tides of poverty and violence, embracing hope, compassion and the reality of a better world.
- The PCYC Alternative School offers a positive school climate for youth in grades 9 -12, that have not been successful in other school programs.
- Students at PCYC Alternative School are discovering and applying critical learning tools they had never picked up before, from improved reading and writing to how to truly listen to someone.
- These skills not only help them earn their diplomas, but prepare them to be successful with further education, in their jobs, even in their relationships.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-6 | 124 students
2304 Emerson Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612) 287-9775 0.6 PK-6
- Minneapolis Grades: K-8 | 341 students
1726 Dupont Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612) 521-3609 0.8 K-8
- Minneapolis Grades: K-8 | 128 students
1630 4th St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
(612) 789-8851 2.2 K-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
4050 Hubbard Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763) 537-1329 2.3 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952) 988-3420 2.4 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.