Ascension Catholic School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 341 students
- Yearly Tuition: $1,400
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Ascension Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
LEGO Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- Since 1897, Ascension Catholic School, a ministry of Ascension Catholic Community, has been teaching the Christian faith in the Roman Catholic tradition.Throughout its history, Ascension Catholic School has served as both a reflection of its community and as an instrument for change on the North Side of Minneapolis, helping move lives forward through education and spiritual formation. Ascension aims to prepare its students for becoming intelligent and responsible adults.
- All are welcome at Ascension Catholic School without regard to academic level, home situations, language skills, religious beliefs, or financial resources.
- Ascension School is deeply committed to the idea that no child should be denied a quality education on the basis of his or her family`s financial situation. At a time when educational costs are rising, the economic base of the families served by Ascension School has diminished greatly. This makes paying tuition more difficult. The total cost of educating a child at Ascension is approximately $7,800 a year. The average family pays about $200 per year. Our approach to opening the doors to all children is only possible through the generosity of others.
- As members of the Ascension Catholic School community, the students learn to respect each other and to accept responsibility for their actions. In doing this, students come to recognize how their actions affect the larger community. They are taught about the immense value of compassion and tolerance, learn of the diversity of their community and, ultimately, come to appreciate its social, political and religious differences
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ascension Catholic School cost?
Ascension Catholic School's tuition is approximately $1,400 for private students and $60 for summer students.
Does Ascension Catholic School offer a summer program?
Yes, Ascension Catholic School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Ascension Catholic School offer?
Ascension Catholic School offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Soccer and Volleyball.
What is Ascension Catholic School's ranking?
Ascension Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for: Least expensive tuition, Highest percentage of students of color, Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Ascension Catholic School?
The application deadline for Ascension Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Ascension Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards