Risen Savior Lutheran Church & School
- Risen Savior is accredited and recognized as a top performing school within the community.
- This ensures parents that their child is in a developmentally appropriate program with a strong spiritual foundation.
- We recognize that God has given each of us individual talents and gifts.
- The teaching staff at Risen Savior strives to enhance these gifts by focusing on the whole child.
- Risen Savior believes strongly in developmentally appropriate practice in the Early Childhood area where play is the work of the young child, but must be play with a purpose.
- Every student is observed on a daily basis so that teachers are aware of what the child is able to do independently.
- All of this is documented in the child's portfolio. At the elementary level, students are challenged to further develop their academic potential including learning a second language, experiencing fine arts and enhancing their use of technology.
- Both communication and leadership skills are honed throughout each year with emphasis on developing and maintaining excellent interpersonal relationhips.
- Parents are informed of the growth and development of their child at two parent-teacher conferences held in the Fall and Spring. Report cards are regularly issued to each child/parent.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants and school shirt/sweater)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||The average student averages 2/3 of their tuition being covered with scholarships and financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Blunt|
- Risen Savior is accredited by both organizations. This assures parents that their child is in a developmentally appropriate program with a strong spiritual foundation. We recognize that God has given each of us individual talents and gifts. The teaching staff at Risen Savior strives to enhance these gifts by focusing on the whole child. We do this by providing age appropriate, hands-on experiences that promote growth and development in the cognitive, emotional, social, physical and spiritual domains. Risen Savior believes strongly in developmentally appropriate practice. Play is the work of the young child, yet it must be play with a purpose. Every student is observed on a daily basis so that teachers are aware of what the child is able to do independently. In the methodology first described by Vygotsky, the teachers' job is to scaffold the learning of their students. To do so, they must know what the child can do independently and know what the child can do with a little help. This knowledge assists in their lesson planning so that future activities help each child move towards independence. All of this is documented in the child's portfolio. Parents are informed of the growth and development of their child at two parent-teacher conferences held in the Fall and Spring, in addition to report cards issued each trimester. Preschool report cards are based on domains that focus on the whole child.
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.