- RiverbendAcademyisadistinctiveschoolthatpursuesaclassicalChristianapproachtolearning. We pursuethisapproachbecauseitequipsstudentswiththetoolsandloveforlife-longlearning.Studentsaretaughtthefundamentalsofeachdiscipline,howtothinkthrougheachdisciplineandhowtoexpresstheirthinkingoneachdiscipline. Thisthree-prongedapproach,knownastheTrivium,ispursuedatallages,buteachprongisemphasizedsuccessivelytomatchthestudents'development. They beginduringtheirgrammaryearswithafocusonmemorizingandmasteringimportantbasicinformationincreativewayssuchassongs,chantsorrepetitiouslearninggames. They continue duringthemiddleschoolyearstofocusonhowtothink,reasonandevaluatelogicallyusingsuchmethodsasdebates,discussionsandexaminationsofarguments.Duringtheirhighschoolyears,theirfocusturnstohowtocommunicateclearlyandpersuasivelyusingavarietyofmethods,includingdrama,thesiswriting,mocktrialsandapologetic. Asaschool,wearetrainingstudentswithacademicexcellencetothinksharplyandcommunicateclearly. RiverbendAcademyteachestheabsolutetruthofGod'sWord,theBible,andcommitstointegratingallareasofstudywithGod'sWord. WeintentionallyseektoinstillathoroughlyChristianworldviewinourstudents. As aschool,wearecontendingforthefaith,andourvisionincludesgraduatingstudentswhocontendforthefaith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,165|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed above is for K-5. Cost slightly increases for 6-12.|
|Admissions Director||Alison Glenfield|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Fishing Club, Gardening Club, Running Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Team, Musical Theater, Studio Art
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ormond Beach Grades: NS-12 | 376 students
1687 W Granada Blvd
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
(386)672-2081 1 NS-12
- Daytona Beach Grades: 9-12 | 477 students
3918 Lpga Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32124
(386)253-5213 5.8 9-12
We love Riverbend Academy! My kids have been attending since Pre-K and we couldn't be happier. My kids are getting the best foundation, learning to have good ethics, learning right from wrong, how to be a better person. It is much more than academics, the teachers truly care about these kids and are making a difference.
- Posted by Parent - Ida E
We take the choice of school for our daughters very seriously. We really wanted an environment where our beliefs were shared truly and deeply, not just given lip service. We also wanted a school that envisions little girls training to be engineers, artists, doctors, business people, not just wives and mothers. We found this rare combination of perspectives at Riverbend and have been there for 3 years. Additionally, the staff and programs are in what we perceive to be a cycle of continuous development and improvement, and new physical expansion has begun, including dedicated science and art labs, and more classroom space to allow for further growth. We look forward to being part of Riverbend Academy all the way through high school.
- Posted by Parent - Tom Eastlake
We absolutely love Riverbend Academy. Our two children attend (one in elementary school and one in preschool) and we are very happy with the classic Christian education they receive. The children also attend music class (and additional lessons are offered by the Riverbend Conservatory of Music). The teachers and staff are very responsive and concerned about the children. Each year they add more and more activities for student life. For instance, this year there was a Christmas shop for students, a fishing club, and running club. This school has been a blessing in our lives and am so happy with the decision we made to send our children there.
- Posted by Parent - Ruth V.
I am so thankful that my children have the opportunity to learn at Riverbend Academy, under the direction of teachers who genuinely seek to help their students grow, not only academically, but also spiritually.
- Posted by Parent - Erik Nielsen
I am so thankful for Riverbend Academy. We are a family of 4 and 3 of them presently attend. As soon as he is old enough, the 4th will be there as well. I really can't say enough great things about They focus on traditional education that goes beyond the classroom to teach our kids life skills based on the Christian Faith. The principals learned, and taught, are the foundation to life and success. On top it off, our kids are learning a great pace and the individual attention they receive is impressive.
- Posted by Parent - Joshua Hudson
Riverbend Academy is a foundationally solid Christ Centered Classical Christian place of education. My Children ( all 5 of them currently) are attending Riverbend Academy. My oldest daughter attended Riverbend Academy and is now in the UCF nursing program. She is excelling at the top of her class. Much of this a direct result of the education she received while at Riverbend Academy. Riverbend is a safe place, relatively low in cost in comparison to other classical Christian Schools and overall just a great environment for students, teachers and parents alike.
- Posted by Parent - Gary Dillman
We love Riverbend Academy! The teachers and staff are genuine and caring, and it is such a blessing to witness not only the excellent education they receive but also the love of Jesus demonstrated daily to our children. We're so thankful that they have the opportunity to learn and grow at Riverbend Academy!
- Posted by Parent - Paige N
We are so happy to have found this school for our daughter. The staff and teachers are very caring and kind. My daughter knows more than most first graders who attend public schools. The small class sizes and individual attention really help her succeed. We love this school. Feel free to come by and see for yourself. They offer monthly tours during school hours, that is how we found Riverbend.
- Posted by Parent - B fer
Riverbend Academy emphasizes biblical teachings and incorporates a teaching model from the classical education consisting of three parts: grammar, logic, and rhetoric.
- Posted by Parent - Michael Mergener