Father Lopez Catholic High School
- Father Lopez Catholic High School is a Christ-centered community of learners.
- We believe that spiritual formation in the Catholic tradition and academic rigor create a positive culture where all students are free to discover their full human potential through scholarly pursuits, athletics, and service leadership.
- Therefore we will: Help our students recognize that they are created in the image and likeness of God.
- As such, they are good, and responsible for building the Kingdom of God in our community through service and prayer.
- Demonstrate our respect for one another and our school through kindness, honesty, professionalism, good-sportsmanship, and school spirit.
- Engage our students in authentic learning experiences while developing their problem-solving abilities across the curriculum.
- Challenge our students to explore the world and realize their potential by increasing their participation in elective courses and extra-curricular activities.
- Develop reflective educators who will facilitate student learning through research-based teaching practices.
- Empower our entire Father Lopez community to participate in the work of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform shorts/pants, uniform polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jamie Wade|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Father Lopez Catholic High School is a private, Catholic school under the auspices of the Diocese of Orlando. Admission to Father Lopez Catholic High School is based on availability of space and the ability of the school to serve the educational needs of the student. Enrollment is open to those students who have demonstrated the ability to respond successfully to a rigorous college preparatory curriculum. Father Lopez admits students of any race, color, sex and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Policies and Procedures Freshmen: Eighth grade students seeking enrollment as freshmen at Father Lopez Catholic High School will be considered after the following have been completed and/or received: 1. Completion of the registration form. 2. Eighth grade academic, disciplinary and attendance records. 3. Personal interview with student and parent from non-feeder school. 4. Current physical examination and immunization records - HRS Form 680. 5. Completion of the high school entrance exam administered at Father Lopez. Transfer Students: A student wishing to transfer to Father Lopez Catholic High School will be considered after all the following have been completed and/or received: 1. Completion of the registration form. 2. Transcript from the previous school including all academic, attendance, disciplinary, health and standardized testing records. 3. Personal interview with the administrator. (Parents need to bring unofficial copies of the student's records to the interview.) 4. Student will ordinarily not be admitted after the fourth week of each semester. 5. Out-of-town transfer students will be admitted on a case-by-case basis. 6. Father Lopez Catholic High School accepts senior transfer students on a case-by-case basis. Acceptance is determined by: 1. Evaluation of the student's records. 2. The ability to schedule the student into appropriate curriculum. 3. Recommendations. 4. For incoming 9th graders, passing score on the high school entrance exam. A student is provisionally accepted until all official records have been received from the sending school. A student may be accepted on probation with specific terms of continuing enrollment determined by the Administration of Father Lopez Catholic High School Continuing Enrollment: For students currently attending Father Lopez Catholic High School, continuing enrollment is dependent upon: 1. An assurance from each student and parent of a sincere desire to attend Father Lopez Catholic High School with an assertion to adhere to all rules and regulations of the school. 2. Successfully meeting the academic and credit requirement for each grade level. 3. Satisfactory adherence to school attendance policies. 4. Satisfactory evaluation of the student's disciplinary record. Failure to meet any of the above criteria may result in the student being dismissed from the school during/or at the end of any academic year. Falsification or inaccurate information on records for admission to Father Lopez Catholic High School will result in immediate dismissal. A student must be pre-registered for the next school year if he/she wishes to run for any office or to try out for any athletic sport for the following year. All questions about admission or enrollment policies should be directed to the administration. Admission Calendar October - January: Student and family visits (8th grade school day visits; family tours) November 16 - Open House from 2 to 4 pm. December 6, 8:00am to approximately 11:15 A.M. High School Entrance Exam ($25.00; Make checks payable to Father Lopez) see details below February: Registration forms mailed February - April: High School Entrance Exams exceptionally administered for $50. February: Honors course placement exams administered at Feeder Schools. April: Registration Forms due Year Round - Students may contact the school and request a "Shadow Day". Information regarding the December 6 Entrance Exam: ' Sign-in is from 7:30-7:45 in the Main Office. Test administration begins at precisely 8:00am. ' Please RSVP to Michelle Copeland at 386-253-5213 no later than Wednesday, December 3. ' Passing score on the exam is required for admission to FatherLopezCatholicHigh School. ' Please ensure that your child is modestly dressed, and that s/he brings several sharpened No. 2 pencils to the exam site. Calculators are prohibited. All 8th graders interested in attending Father Lopez are STRONGLY encouraged to make arrangements to take the entrance exam on December 6. Father Lopez Catholic High School admits students of any race, color, sex and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Daytona Beach Grades: 4-12 | 111 students
275 Williamson Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386) 252-9557 2.8 4-12