Rockhurst High School
Tel: (816)363-2036 Ext. 559
- Rockhurst High School is a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory school for young men in grades nine through twelve.
- Rockhust High School serves the greater Kansas City metropolitan area by educating Ignatian leaders, "men-for-others," in the Roman Catholic Jesuit college preparatory tradition.
- In the spirit of St. Ignatius, its goal is the formation of the whole person within a diverse and disciplined environment, as one who is open to growth, strives for academic excellence, is religious, loving, and committed to justice through service.
- Student achievement at Rockhurst is measured in a number of ways, of course.
- Academic grades reflect the quality of course work; athletic letters, the stamina and ability of a student athlete.
- Rockhurst's aim is to educate the entire person -- to shape the intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical development of a young man over the four years that he is a part of our community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||This is the average summer tuition cost, with a range of $200 to $450, depending on the number of classes required.|
|Total Students||989 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Average SAT score||1360|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,300|
|Tuition Notes||Above amount includes fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michael Comiskey|
|Admissions Associate||Beth Jerome|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Ecology Club, Fantasy Sports Club, Herpetology Club, Investment Club, Juggling Club, National Honor Society, NFL Speech and Debate, Pastoral Council, Regis Club (Service), SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), SPA (Students for Political Action), Spirit Club, Student Government Association, Video Game Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drumline, Pep Band, Piano Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Volleyball, Ice Hockey, Racquetball Club
- Students must submit written answers to four short questions as part of their application. Also reviewed are seventh and eighth grade transcripts and standardized test scores. Rockhurst also requires applicants to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) in December or January of the eighth grade year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1156 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816)936-1200 5.2 NS-12
- Lees Summit Grades: NS-12 | 815 students
1500 SW Jefferson
Lees Summit, MO 64081
(816)525-1480 13.2 NS-12
- Lenexa Grades: 9-12 | 888 students
11411 Pflumm Rd
Lenexa, KS 66215
(913)319-2423 7.6 9-12
- Mission Grades: 9-12 | 689 students
5041 Reinhardt Drive
Mission, KS 66205
(913)222-5803 5.3 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.