- Lutheran High School is located in the southern part of Kansas City, MO. The community surrounding the school is a high-income residential area.
- Lutheran High School of Kansas City, a parochial secondary school, currently enrolls approximately 135 students in grades 9-12.
- Lutheran High School of Kansas City prepares lives for today, tommorow and eternity.
- Lutheran High School is accredited by AdvancEd (formerly the North Central Association of Secondary Schools), Missouri Non-Public Accreditation and National Lutheran School Accreditation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Dual Credit Calculus, Dual Credit Composition, Dual Credit Economics, Dual Credit English, Dual Credit Expository Writing,|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress Attire, no blue jeans)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,650|
|Tuition Notes||Association Church Students pay a discounted rate|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr.Cary Stelmachowicz|
|Admissions Associate||Chelsea Stelmachowicz|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Book Club, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Drama, Key Club, National Honor Society, Sign Language Club, Student Council Art Club, Book Club, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Drama, Key Club, National Honor Society,
Sign Language Club,
The reasons listed below, and more, make up a Christ-centered environment for instruction that prepares our students for today, tomorrow, and ETERNITY.
- Fully accredited by AdvancEd Accreditation, National Lutheran School Accreditation.
- American College Tests taken by all students, with graduating classes scoring on average between 24 and 25. (National Average 20; Missouri Average 21; Kansas Average - 21.9 )
- Certificated Teaching faculty instructing in subjects of certification.
- 10 to 1 student teacher ratio.
- 100% graduation rate.
- 100% of the class of 2015 matriculated to a college or university.
- 95% of the student body takes part in at least one extracurricular activity or sport.
- 29-acre park-like campus located in one of the regions safest neighborhoods.
- State-of-the-art Science Laboratory.
- Dual credit classes with University of Central Missouri and Concordia University, Nebraska.
- High quality Fine Arts Program which includes Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Music Instruction, and Drama.
- Four years of faith development as part of daily instruction.
- Fully equipped theater for fine arts productions and concerts.
- Full gymnasium for indoor interscholastic competitions.
- Full lunch program at reasonable prices.
- Growing student body with space to expand.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Kansas CityGrades: PK-12 | 69 students
5600 N Brighton Ave
Kansas City, MO 64119
Kansas CityGrades: PK-12 | 149 students
10515 Grandview Road
Kansas City, MO 64137
Kansas CityGrades: 6-12 | 75 students
7933 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64114
Kansas CityGrades: 9-12 | 332 students
211 W Linwood Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64111
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.