Sacred Heart School
- Sacred Heart School has been a vibrant part of the fabric of the Catholic Church in Berks County since 1919.
- Serving culturally diverse students from kindergarten through eighth grade, Sacred Heart School offers small classes in which students can grow spiritually, academically and socially in a Catholic environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for tuition information www.sacredheartreading.com/new_student_admissions|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Beth Gasperack|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Declamation, Math Club, Math Counts, Mini Vinnies Service Club, Mission Club, Science Explorers, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Sacred Heart School's experienced and highly talented professional faculty and staff strive to create an atmosphere in which students can develop their unique and individual talents and strengths. Sacred Heart students traditionally exceed both state and national averages on standardized tests and a large number of our graduates place into Honors classes in high school.
- In the past 5 years, 70% of Sacred Heart Alumni graduated from Berks Catholic High School with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, 40% with a 3.5 or higher GPA and 100% were admitted to a 4 year college or university.
- Berks Catholic Class of 2015 and 2016 Valedictorian were Sacred Heart School Class graduates!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reading Grades: NS-9 | 414 students
3125 Kutztown Rd
Reading, PA 19605
(610)929-4124 3.8 NS-9
- Birdsboro Grades: PK-12 | 178 students
926 Philadelphia Ter
Birdsboro, PA 19508
(610)582-1000 7.8 PK-12
- Reading Grades: NS | 95 students
2521 River Road
Reading, PA 19605
(610)921-3130 2.3 NS
- Reading Grades: NS-12 | 146 students
410 S 14th St
Reading, PA 19602
(610)372-8826 2.2 NS-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.