San Ramon Valley Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- SRVCA's mission is to provide a Christ-centered K-8 education whereby students develop spiritually, academically, socially and physically and are equipped to fulfill God's purpose for their lives.
- The entire process of Christian education is seen as a means used by the Holy Spirit to bring students into fellowship with God, to develop a Christian mind, to be trained in Godly living and to be provided opportunities for academic excellence.
- In this way students can fulfill God's purpose for them, personally and vocationally.
- Students are taught the Bible, so that they may understand God, and his own nature and role as being created in God's image.
- Students develops a relationship with God as a whole person: spiritually, mentally, and socially.
- Students learn to see all truth as God's truth and to integrate it with and interpret it by God's Word, the Bible.
- Students are educated as individuals with unique abilities and personality.
- Students learn to live and work with others at home, in the church, and in a changing secular society. Students interact with and are taught by parents and teachers who are born again and maintain a Godly perspective on life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Learning Differences|
|Total Students||392 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki , black or navy bottoms with school logoed solid polo shirts. School logo only imprint.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||TK - 5: $9300 JH = $9860 2020/2021 School Year Discounts apply for 3rd child|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Scott|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- As part of our application process, we require at least one parent to sign a Statement of Faith, provide a Pastor's Recommendation and other student's educational records.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: K-8 | 628 students
435 La Gonda Way
Danville, CA 94526
(925)837-2977 0.3 K-8
- Danville Grades: NS-PK | 66 students
Danville, CA 94526
(925)837-1145 0.7 NS-PK
- Danville Grades: NS-PK | 20 students
421 Montcrest Place
Danville, CA 94526
(925)837-2969 0.8 NS-PK
- Danville Grades: 6-12 | 490 students
2100 Mt Diablo Scenic Blvd
Danville, CA 94506
(925)837-5375 2.7 6-12
We are so blessed to be a part of this school! We transferred our son two years ago from another nearby larger private school and it has been one of the best decisions. As a boy he was getting lost in a larger classroom and now, with fewer kids in his class, he is thriving! The teachers take the time to get to know him, engage him and work with him personally. They have challenged him to work beyond his expectations and he has stepped up to the plate due to their encouragement and nurturing guidance. The depth of the curriculum has blown us away - 3D models of the bodily systems, dissecting a cow's eye in 3rd grade, more hands-on field trips than you can count, and art classes teaching real techniques. I can't say enough good things about the talented Spanish teacher - these kids are will be the best prepared for high school. There's also wonderful team and individual technology projects the kids work on as well. This school has depth, breadth and incredible love and care for their students and families! It's a wonderful place for kids and families to grow! (Thank you so much SRVCA!!)
- Posted by Parent - - a catholic mom
I have been blessed with three kids going got SRVCA from K-8th grade. We had opportunities to leave the bay area several times while the kids were growing up and we always stayed in large part due to this school. My kids had a great experience academically and spiritually. The sports program is unique and fun. The education is excellent while retaining biblical truths. I felt all there kids were well prepared for high school. We are sad that our last kid had graduated but we all have amazing memories of this tight knit community. It is a great place to raise your kids !
- Posted by Parent - wscar
My son went through 8th grade at SRVCA and my daughter is currently attending. The school is a great learning environment. We have always felt like part of a family at SRVCA. The school is constantly striving to upgrade technology and continually reviews the curriculum to make sure it is at or above the state standards. The best part of SRVCA is that my kids feel like they are part of a loving community.
- Posted by Parent - james
My children, currently ages 19, 18, and 13 have all attended SRVCA since Kindergarten. I have a current 7th grader now. I can not recommend highly enough the school based upon the biblical foundation of teaching, the compassion and care by the teachers and the education that my children have received/are receiving. High integrity, upstanding character, love for others, respect for authority, and compassion for the less fortunate are taught and modeled by both the teachers and administration. Academic excellence is expected in both teacher preparation and student work, and can be seen in many outside projects, writing assignments, group efforts, and applicable lessons. Biblical accountability is stressed in all areas, whether it be academics, athletics, conflict resolution, or personal relationships. My two older children were prepared both spiritually and academically to move on to a large public high school, where they were able to put into practice all of the skills that they gained at SRVCA. I would highly recommend this school without reservations to anyone looking for a Christian school for their K-8 child.
- Posted by Parent - sbiek
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.