San Ramon Valley Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (925) 838-9622
SRVCA has been providing a Christian education to students in the valley for 40 years.
We inspire our students to LOVE God , LEARN for a lifetime, and LEAD like Christ.
We work to this goal by partnering with parents, teachers and the church to disciple and develop the whole child -- spiritually, emotionally, socially and intellectually.
Small class sizes, highly qualified staff, experiential learning, and differentiated instruction are hallmarks of the Academy experience. Our mission is to provide a Christ-centered preschool - 8th grade education whereby students develop spiritually, academically, socially and physically and are equipped to fulfill God's purpose for their lives.
Students are educated as individuals with unique abilities and personality. Learn more about the Academy experience by joining us for our New Family Open House in October. Register: SRVCA.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Learning Differences|
|Total Students||392 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki , black or navy bottoms with school logoed solid polo shirts. School logo only imprint.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,300|
|Tuition Notes||TK - 5: $9300 JH = $9860 2020/2021 School Year Discounts apply for 3rd child|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Scott|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- Below are admission "Next Steps" that will guide you through the application/enrollment process.
- ATTEND OUR SRVCA NEW FAMILY OPEN HOUSE OR SCHEDULE A PRIVATE TOUR Meet teachers, parents and students. Learn more about the vision and history of our school from our principal. Ask questions and tour the campus, including classroom visits.
- COMPLETE AN APPLICATION
- Our online application form can be found on our website http://www.srvca.org/admissions/process-overview. Your submitted application will serve as a place holder in our application queue and puts you on the list for assessment and potential future enrollment. Your application does not obligate your enrollment in any way, however it protects your placement in the application process.
- SCHEDULE AN ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT Assessments for the current school year are scheduled as quickly as possible following the receipt of required recommendations and documents. It is necessary that we are in receipt of the required documents, pastor's/teacher's recommendations prior to scheduling your child's assessment. If you are Christian but have not made a church commitment, please let us know and wewill connect you with a pastor at our church, Community Presbyterian Church, Danville. cpcdanville.org
- ATTEND AN INTERVIEW
- After your assessment, we will schedule an entrance interview where we will discuss your child's assessment results and get to know you better as well as answer any questions that you may have.
- REGISTER YOUR STUDENT
- Upon receiving SRVCA's Offer of Acceptance Letter, complete and submit the online Enrollment Packet, submit Registration Fee and authorize the release of your child's transcripts, if applicable.
- We look forward to meeting you and sharing our the SRVCA vision.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Moraga Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
1678 School Street
Moraga, CA 94556
(925) 376-7900 7.3 PK-8
We are so blessed to be a part of this school! We transferred our son two years ago from another nearby larger private school and it has been one of the best decisions. As a boy he was getting lost in a larger classroom and now, with fewer kids in his class, he is thriving! The teachers take the time to get to know him, engage him and work with him personally. They have challenged him to work beyond his expectations and he has stepped up to the plate due to their encouragement and nurturing guidance. The depth of the curriculum has blown us away - 3D models of the bodily systems, dissecting a cow's eye in 3rd grade, more hands-on field trips than you can count, and art classes teaching real techniques. I can't say enough good things about the talented Spanish teacher - these kids are will be the best prepared for high school. There's also wonderful team and individual technology projects the kids work on as well. This school has depth, breadth and incredible love and care for their students and families! It's a wonderful place for kids and families to grow! (Thank you so much SRVCA!!)
- Posted by Parent - - a catholic mom
I have been blessed with three kids going got SRVCA from K-8th grade. We had opportunities to leave the bay area several times while the kids were growing up and we always stayed in large part due to this school. My kids had a great experience academically and spiritually. The sports program is unique and fun. The education is excellent while retaining biblical truths. I felt all there kids were well prepared for high school. We are sad that our last kid had graduated but we all have amazing memories of this tight knit community. It is a great place to raise your kids !
- Posted by Parent - wscar
My son went through 8th grade at SRVCA and my daughter is currently attending. The school is a great learning environment. We have always felt like part of a family at SRVCA. The school is constantly striving to upgrade technology and continually reviews the curriculum to make sure it is at or above the state standards. The best part of SRVCA is that my kids feel like they are part of a loving community.
- Posted by Parent - james
My children, currently ages 19, 18, and 13 have all attended SRVCA since Kindergarten. I have a current 7th grader now. I can not recommend highly enough the school based upon the biblical foundation of teaching, the compassion and care by the teachers and the education that my children have received/are receiving. High integrity, upstanding character, love for others, respect for authority, and compassion for the less fortunate are taught and modeled by both the teachers and administration. Academic excellence is expected in both teacher preparation and student work, and can be seen in many outside projects, writing assignments, group efforts, and applicable lessons. Biblical accountability is stressed in all areas, whether it be academics, athletics, conflict resolution, or personal relationships. My two older children were prepared both spiritually and academically to move on to a large public high school, where they were able to put into practice all of the skills that they gained at SRVCA. I would highly recommend this school without reservations to anyone looking for a Christian school for their K-8 child.
- Posted by Parent - sbiek
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.