Santa Cruz Montessori School
- Santa Cruz Montessori nurtures and guides children from 18 months to 15 years.
- We have beautiful, safe, repared environments. We nurture self-descipline, responsibility, and collaborative learning.
- We develop strong critical thinking skills and the full breadth of academics.
- Our teachers are experienced, engaged, patient, and kind. We appreciate each child as unique and a force for good in the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,120|
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition ranges from 10280 to 15910 depending on student's age and schedule|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathy Rideout|
- Santa Cruz Montessori nurtures and guides children from 18 months to 15 years with a philosophy of quality education and exceptional care in a safe and nurturing environment. Our programs focus on building independence, a love of learning, and respect for self, others, and our world. At Santa Cruz Montessori we see education as a "preparation for life." The mission of Santa Cruz Montessori is to guide and nurture the natural unfolding of the whole individual in a developmentally based Montessori learning environment. We believe that respect - for ourselves, each other and our environment (school, community and world) - is the foundation of Santa Cruz Montessori philosophy and drives our efforts at peace through education. We are committed to respect in all areas of our educational efforts, including: collaboration among staff, Board members, volunteers and parents to achieve mission-driven goals; an environment of acceptance for diverse people, ideas, cultures and economics; compassion and trust with one another; and individual responsibility in contributing to the creation of a quality Montessori environment for all.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Cruz Grades: K-8 | 243 students
126 Eucalyptus Ave
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831)423-0341 5.8 K-8
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 35 6-12
- Belmont Grades: PK-5 | 229 students
2820 Ponce Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)596-9100 41.7 PK-5
- Corte Madera Grades: K-8 | 590 students
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415)927-5900 71.3 K-8
- Corte Madera Grades: PK-9 | 276 students
5200 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415)924-5388 71.2 PK-9
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.