- Satori is a preschool and primary school designed to meet the special intellectual, emotional, behavioral and social needs of gifted and inquisitive children.
- Satori School serves a diverse population of gifted and inquisitive children and their families.
- We provide a challenging, individualized program addressing the needs of the whole child in a community that values creativity, problem solving and respect.
- Satori's nurturing atmosphere engages and inspires a child's natural love of learning.
- Satori's program nurtures the child while celebrating creativity and cooperation.
- We consider it vital that children find education exciting, because those feelings make learning a life-long pursuit.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association for the Gifted
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Costs depend on age of child. Call for more information|
|Admissions Director||Joanna Honea|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, D and D, Dance, Exotic animals, Gymnastics, Roots and shoots
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and crafts, Drums, Piano
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.