Satsuma Christian School
- Satsuma Christian School is a ministry of First Baptist Church Satsuma.
- At SCS, we are committed to providing our children the academic and spiritual foundation they need for their continued success in their years to come.
- All of our students are taught the love of God, love of country, love of learning, and love and respect for one another.
- After-school and extra-curricular programs are intended to satisfy students' social, artistic, and athletic interests.
- The mission of Satsuma Christian School is to include giving each student an opportunity to come to know God through Jesus Christ, giving each student full opportunity and the necessary resources to develop his or her full potential; spiritually, academically, socially and physically.
- By doing so, Satsuma Christian School will strive to help ensure that students attain high academic excellence in preparation for advanced curriculum studies on the secondary level while emphasizing the Bible, the Word of God, in school life and daily studies so that students and faculty reflect Christian morals and ethics in their daily lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saraland Grades: PK-8 | 299 students
1255 Industrial Pkwy
Saraland, AL 36571
(251)679-3279 4.5 PK-8
- Eight Mile Grades: PK-5 | 143 students
2530 S Shelton Beach Rd
Eight Mile, AL 36613
(251)456-1234 8.3 PK-5
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 196 students
1501 Knollwood Dr
Mobile, AL 36609
(251)661-1987 15.4 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.