Evangel Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Evangel Christian School teaches, train, and lead young children to Christ.
- We also desire to reach the extended family of every child God entrusts to us.
- On a daily basis training is given in Bible, Christian character, language, and traditional subject matter.
- We believe the word of God which says, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”With a firm foundation from God's Word and proper Christian training, students of Evangel Christian School can make wise decisions for the present and proper decisions for the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saraland Grades: PK-8 | 299 students
1255 Industrial Pkwy
Saraland, AL 36571
(251)679-3279 0.1 PK-8
- Satsuma Grades: PK-10 | 267 students
5600 Old Hwy 43
Satsuma, AL 36572
(251)675-1295 4.7 PK-10
- Eight Mile Grades: PK-5 | 143 students
2530 S Shelton Beach Rd
Eight Mile, AL 36613
(251)456-1234 3.6 PK-5
- Mobile Grades: NS-8 | 196 students
1501 Knollwood Dr
Mobile, AL 36609
(251)661-1987 10.9 NS-8
My child has been attending this school now since k4, he's now in second grade. I am so glad that I heard of this school when I did. The staff is super friendly and the kids all get along so well and are so well-mannered. Dropping your child off and picking them up is not bad at all. The kids walk in a line with there teacher to the parking lot. student to teacher ratio is 5-10. the groups are not big at all. no one speeds in the parking lot, so the kids are safe. You are allowed to pull over to the side slowly so that you can buckle your child up if they are unable to buckle themselves. I've heard horror stories of other schools car pool lines being so long that you have to leave home 2 hours earlier just to get in the front of the line. My child loves evangel and the teachers love on each and every child.
- Posted by Parent - Tara
My children have attended since K-3. The staff is so friendly. It is a close-knit family atmosphere. My daughter's last year is next year as she is heading into 5th grade. We are so grateful for the education. I never worry about them when they are there. I know they are safe and well-taken care of. As for the parking, parents must follow the parking map in order to keep order. The school is located on a private road. There is plenty of room to pull to the side and buckle your children once they are in your vehicle.
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
School is great. Teachers are great.. Picking up children after school is a nightmare. All children are led into the middle of the parking lot surrounded by moving traffic and held in small groups until they are picked up... You are asked to pull away without buckling tour child in first in order to move traffic through faster... How is that ?
- Posted by Parent - helen
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.