- Top Ranked AL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 185 students
- Yearly Tuition: $2,150
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 1 / Apr. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
National Elementary Honor Society, Newspaper Staff, Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Track and Field
- Prichard Prep believes that education is the ticket to our students' success! We strive to provide a well rounded education and implement hands-on learning in all classrooms. One of the many unique aspects of PPS is that students attend special classes daily, including Music, Physical Education, and Technology. All classes also attend Spanish class twice a week.
- PPS encourages our students to embrace what they are passionate about, but also encourage students to try new things. Students attend an interest based club once a month during school hours. Students may also try out to be a part of our traveling Music Ensemble, run for office of the Student Government Association, or be invited to join the PPS Chapter of the National Elementary Honor Society.
- All prospective students must pass an Entrance Test beforebeing admittedto Prichard Preparatory School. Students are expected to be at or above grade level. If you would like for your child to be tested for the upcoming school year, please call 251-380-7220 to be placed on the test calendar.
- Must exhibit appropriate developmental maturity.
- Must be able to communicate orally and receive oral communication.
- Must be able to take care of his/her personal bodily needs.
- Must exhibit age-appropriate social skillsMust demonstrate a willingness and the ability to adhere to school and classroom rules.
- Must demonstrate respect for authority.
- Must have a level of emotional stability that enables the student to learn and does not distract others from learning.
- Must demonstrate the academic ability and willingness to work at the grade level to which he/she is assigned.
- Accommodations needed for individual students must not be such that they limit other students from receiving adequate time and attention.
- Must meet the minimum age requirement as established by the Alabama Independent School Association.
- Children entering Pre-K4, Kindergarten, or 1st grade must reach age 4, 5, or 6 respectively, before October 1.
- Entry into the next grade level at PPS is contingent upon: recommendation from the administration, meeting the academic criteria for that grade level, and compliance with attendance policies including absences, tardies and early dismissals as outlined in the handbook
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Prichard Preparatory School cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Prichard Preparatory School?
What sports does Prichard Preparatory School offer?
What is Prichard Preparatory School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Prichard Preparatory School?
Endorse Prichard Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards