St Ignatius Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (251) 342-5442
- Saint Ignatius provides a learning environment in which treasured toddlers with inquisitive minds grow to become well-prepared for the world ahead of them.
- St. Ignatius Catholic School, a ministry of St. Ignatius Parish in Springhill, strives to educate the whole child by providing a quality Catholic education in a safe and caring learning environment.
- Focusing on Jesus the Redeemer, children are encouraged to strive for excellence in spiritual, academic, social, and physical activities.
- Through a variety of curricular and extracurricular activities, children are taught to become productive and exemplary Christian leaders for the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||606 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 507 students
6300 Mckenna Dr
Mobile, AL 36608
(251) 342-5474 3.4 PK-8
St. Ignatius has an excellent preschool, elementary, and middle school. My kids have made great friends, grown in their faith, and have learned so much from the wonderful teachers at St. Ignatius.
- Posted by Parent - Heather Tolleson
St. Ignatius has more than 3 sports. It had cross-country, soccer, and volleyball too. It is the best school ever, all the teachers are amazing and everyone is so nice. We learn a lot and can earn many awards for good grades and other things too. You can be in many after-school clubs and organizations.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Maria
Excellence in all categories! The academic curriculum at every grade level is challenging. The school does an amazing job of incorporating outdoor learning experiences for all students. Each child is encouraged to develop their physical abilities via sports, and the spirit of sportsmanship is taught on every field and court. Most impressively, the school and church work seamlessly to enrich the spirit of every student. Mass, adoration, missions, group rosary, and daily religion classes are the heart of this school and you can see the difference it has made in the hearts of the students who graduate from St. Ignatius. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Libby
I love St. Ignatius. The teachers are wonderful and the kids learn how to become wonderful members of society.
- Posted by Parent - Mom
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?