- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 282 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,770
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(uniform - khaki/polos in school color (secondary) or plaid/navy twill/polos (elementary))
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
LEGO Robotics Club, Student Council, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Studio Art, Summer Adventures in Kindergarten Camp, Summer Adventures in Learning Camps (Grades 1-8), Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Summer Sport Camps
- Schaeffer Academy is in its twenty-seventh year. The school is named after Dr. Francis Schaeffer, a Christian philosopher, theologian and evangelist. The school's educational philosopy reflects his emphasis on a Christian worldview, which permetaes all areas of life
- Schaeffer Academy provides a Christ-centered and classical education which emphasizes academic excellence in the liberal arts. All subjects are taught within a Christian worldview
- Financial Aid Scholarship Program
- Academics: On average, 12% of Scheffer Academy students in each class are recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation as finalists, semipfinalists, or commended students
- Average ACT score, Class of 2019: 26
- Average SAT score, Class of 2019: 1320
- Literature enriched curriculum. Humanties courses include substantial reading in original texts. Major writing or research projects are required throughout high school. Logic and Rhetoric in the Middle and Upper School.
- Latin is required through grade 9, while Spanish is taught in 10th, 11th and 12th. Latin students take the National Latin Exam annually. Over the years, Schaeffer students were honored with 109 gold medals including seven for perfect papers.
- Annual Science and History Fairs require students to produce projects with National History Day guidelines in 8th and 10th grades, and projects suitable for the Regional and State Science Fairs in 7th, 9th and 11th grades.
- Weekly chapel; service projects for middle schoolers; Student Council, Legos Robotics Club, Technology Club, etc.
- Strong emphasis on the arts, with twice yearly drama productions and concerts for our Upper and Lower School choirs, Upper and Lower School Band and string ensembles plus Jazz Band
- Faculty are committed Christians, dedicated to teaching and able to model character for our students
- Schaeffer Academy is a member of the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) Division 1A and offers the following varsity sports: Boys and Girls Soccer, Cross Country, Girls Volleyball, Boys and Girls Basketball, Track and Field, Tennis, Boys Baseball and Girls Softball
- All buildings have been completed since 1999 including a state-of-the art Physics/Science Lab
- View more details about the school at www.schaefferacademy.org
Endorse Schaeffer Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards