- Schaeffer Academy offers classical and Christian education in grades K through 12.
- Our school, founded in 1993, is located on 37 acres in NE Rochester.
- We provide excellent academics, fine arts and athletics, presented within a Christian worldview. For more information, go to www.schaefferacademy.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||383 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Average SAT score||1213|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform - khaki/polos in school color (secondary) or plaid/navy twill/polos (elementary))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,300|
|Tuition Notes||Full time tuition for grades 1-12; kindergarten tuition is $2,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Jill Wirth|
|Admissions Associate||Gretchen Steer|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Drama, Latin lunch club, String ensemble, Student Council|
- Academics: Of our eight graduating classes 11.5% were named National Merit Finalists, Semi-Finalists or Commended Scholars
- Average ACT score is 27.1
- Math Masters is offered in grades 1-6.
- 77% of our Latin students in grades 9-10 were honored in the National Latin Exam in 2008, including 1 perfect paper, 8 gold medals and 12 silver
- Students in grades 7, 9 and 11 participate in Science Fair each year while students in grades 8, 10 and 11 participate in National History Day
- All subjects are taught with a Christian worldview
- Weekly chapel; service projects for middle schoolers; Student Council
- Strong emphasis on the arts, with twice yearly drama productions and concerts for our Upper and Lower School choirs, Upper and Lower School Band and string ensembles plus Jazz Band
- Faculty are committed Christians, dedicated to teaching and able to model character for our students
- We recently completed a soccer field and a state of the art Physics Lab. All buildings have been completed since 1999
- View more details about the school at www.schaefferacademy.org
After trying 3 other schools, we have finally found a school home for our 4 children at Schaeffer Academy. They provide a safe, encouraging atmosphere where each of our kids can feel comfortable to be who they were created to be. Every teacher we have had has been such a blessing! We love the classical education which teaches our kids to apply critical thinking skills to every subject. This gives the students an amazing foundation allowing them to excel at any career they choose. The older students mentor the younger students encouraging them in their character. The small class size allows the kids many opportunities for involvement and leadership. I am so thankful for a school like Schaeffer!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 4
Classical education teaches my children how to think: logic and its application. This is woven into every subject, and I know they will have a good foundation for the future regardless of what careers they choose.
- Posted by Parent - Chris G
Schaeffer Academy is an amazing classical Christian school! We have had two children attend thus far, and we are so grateful for their school experience! The teachers are warm and encouraging. The academics are rigorous but doable. They have encouraged both of our children with their specific needs and have accommodated both special needs for one child at a time and stretching our precocious child. There is a great sense of community, and we love the mentorship a k-12 school provides. Priceless! In short, we would highly recommend Schaeffer Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Jaci Shanafelt