School Of The Holy Childhood
Tel: (585) 359-3710
- Holy Childhood's School Program offers comprehension and therapeutic services to children ages five to twenty-one with intellectual disabilities.
- The overall curriculum focuses on the development of the “whole” student with emphasis placed on academic, social, physical, vocational and recreational growth.
- Students enrolled at Holy Childhood follow a modified New York State curriculum and participate in the New York State Alternate Assessment.
- All students have an Individual Education Plan (IEP), generated collaboratively by the home school district and Holy Childhood staff.
- The Program consists of four 8:1:1 classes and seven 12:1:1 classes.
- The 8:1:1 classes are generally for our elementary aged students (ages 5-10 years).
- Our teaching staff is comprised of highly trained and motivated instructors who are exceptional in their personal commitment and involvement in the lives of our students. Vist www.holychildhood.org for more information.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||IEP based instruction|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for tuition information|
|Admissions Associate||Patty Purvee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cheerleading squad, Kids Klub, Out & About Recreational Program for older students, Senior Prom, Teen Socials|
- Individualized educational services for individuals with intellectual disabilities ~Serving children ages 5-21 from more than 35 area school districts ~recreational and socialization programs ~Occupational therapist and speech language therapists work with student in and out of the classroom ~therapeutic swim program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 500 students
1981 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14618
(585) 442-1770 3.8 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.