Shim Academy Of Montessori
- The Shim Academy is more that just another Child Care Center.
- We at the Shim Academy instill in our students that learning is a life long process.
- We realize that the children have a natural spontaneous love of learning and natural desire to work.
- This is why we have committed ourselves to provide the environment, materials and the right conditions to which children will establish good work habits.
- The Shim Academy offers a positive atmosphere where children will develop self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, and self-discipline.
- They may choose to work with the Montessori material alone or with a partner, in doing so, the children will acknowledge their accomplishments and learn through their own efforts.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenilworth Grades: PK-K | 20 students
225 N 8th St
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
(908)276-7750 3.7 PK-K
- Roselle Grades: PK-4 | 126 students
303 Chestnut Street
Roselle, NJ 07203
(908)241-6470 1.1 PK-4
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.