Shim Academy Of Montessori
- The Shim Academy is more that just another Child Care Center.
- We at the Shim Academy instill in our students that learning is a life long process.
- We realize that the children have a natural spontaneous love of learning and natural desire to work.
- This is why we have committed ourselves to provide the environment, materials and the right conditions to which children will establish good work habits.
- The Shim Academy offers a positive atmosphere where children will develop self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, and self-discipline.
- They may choose to work with the Montessori material alone or with a partner, in doing so, the children will acknowledge their accomplishments and learn through their own efforts.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenilworth Grades: PK-K | 20 students
225 N 8th St
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
(908) 276-7750 3.7 PK-K
- Roselle Grades: PK-4 | 126 students
303 Chestnut Street
Roselle, NJ 07203
(908) 241-6470 1.1 PK-4
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?