- As the premier provider of Mandarin Language and International Bacalaurreate (IB) curriculum for the East Bay, Shu Ren International School believes success tomorrow rests upon mastering multilingual communication today. Every day we create an inspirational language learning environment for families who believe in the importance of multiculturalism, because the world needs more individuals who can thrive in a global community.
- It is not enough that our students are learning, or that they are having fun, but rather we must provide them an opportunity for a truly outstanding education.
- Our mission is to empower students with the tools and skills to become effective global citizens through an established inquiry based learning philosophy and a proven mandarin/english dual language immersion model.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 19 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Melissa Morgenstern|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beginning Strings, Book Club, Chess Club, Chinese Brush Paint, Chinese Culture, Judo, Math Club, Math Club, Paper Art, Percussion Ensemble, Printmaking and Beyond, Soccer Book Club, Chess Club, Judo, Math Club, Math Club, Paper Art, Soccer, Beginning Strings,
Chinese Brush Paint,
Printmaking and Beyond,
- At Shu Ren International School, we are committed to empowering students to become internationally-minded critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
- Our curriculum emphasizes inquiry based learning through interactive projects, creative activities, and field trips that link academic lessons to practical life and skills.
- The IB curriculum in combination with an immersive Mandarin language environment (Available for Ages PreK-5/PYP level) allows children to enjoy learning while reaching their full potentialFamilies at Shu Ren International School enjoy a close knit, inter-connected community, international exchange opportunities (at the MYP level, No Mandarin Required for Enrollment), and a loving, diverse internationally educated staff and faculty that is dedicated to providing the best education and opportunities for your family.
- We are living and growing in a unique era where what we have taken for granted for ages is being continuously questioned and challenged. The founders of Shu Ren saw these challenges and uncertainties as an opportunity to create an inclusive and extensive Mandarin Language education system right in the thriving heart of the East Bay. We chose to combine the richness of Chinese language and culture with the globally minded, high quality curriculum of the International Baccalaureate (IB). With these two powerful tools, we provide children with the ability, desire, and confidence to participate in an ever evolving society where they will be asked to be tomorrow's visionaries, leaders, and entrepreneurs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San MateoGrades: PK-5 | 220 students
1 Carey School Ln
San Mateo, CA 94403
San MateoGrades: PK-7 | 115 students
454 Peninsula Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
BerkeleyGrades: NS-K | 54 students
2830 9th street
Berkeley, CA 94710
BerkeleyGrades: PK-KG | 80 students
3339 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Berkeley, CA 94703
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010