Tel: (512) 484-4976
- Open to junior high and high school aged full-time and home-schooled students, Skybridge combines rigorous, inquiry-based academics with practical hands-on activities to engage students fully and deeply in learning.
- All our classes across different disciplines are especially compelling because we incorporate designed-based learning activities, Socratic discussions, and individualized student projects.
- We strive to provide comprehensive and student-centered education that develops learners' intelligence, empowering them to find their own paths for life after graduation.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ariel Miller|
|Admissions Associate||Nishi Andra|
- By definition, intelligence is the ability to learn and apply knowledge. At Skybridge Academy, we approach our educational program with the belief that intelligence is not a predetermined trait. It is a quality that can be developed, and it is fully realized in a student-centered learning environment. We are fueled by this belief to create opportunities for meaningful learning to foster intellectual vitality and advance high levels of literacy. As a team we encourage and support students in asking meaningful questions, taking initiative, and persevering to find answers.
- The students are the center of how we design our curricula and classes. Our courses are created through a constructive dialogue between students and teachers. This is a highly dynamic process wherein the schedule and course offerings change every semester. We are flexible about content because we prioritize the progression of conceptual understanding, which can be done through several areas of interest.
- We recognize that given the depth and breadth of knowledge that is easily accessible by a person, it is irrelevant to teach only the facts. Instead, we firmly believe in the development of a conceptual framework that becomes the foundation for bridging different areas of interest. Our focus is on each student attaining mastery, where they have a strong grasp of fundamental knowledge through which they build a conceptual framework.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: NS-12 | 539 students
801 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 480-8142 21.1 NS-12
- Austin Grades: PK-9 | 366 students
5006 Sunset Trl
Austin, TX 78745
(521) 892-0826 17 PK-9
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-5942 10.9 K-12
- Austin Grades: 8-12 | 46 students
1106 W Dittmar
Austin, TX 78745
(512) 444-4835 16.6 8-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.