- Open to junior high and high school aged full-time and home-schooled students, Skybridge combines rigorous, inquiry-based academics with practical hands-on activities to engage students fully and deeply in learning.
- All our classes across different disciplines are especially compelling because we incorporate designed-based learning activities, Socratic discussions, and individualized student projects.
- We strive to provide comprehensive and student-centered education that develops learners' intelligence, empowering them to find their own paths for life after graduation.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ariel Miller|
|Admissions Associate||Nishi Andra|
- By definition, intelligence is the ability to learn and apply knowledge. At Skybridge Academy, we approach our educational program with the belief that intelligence is not a predetermined trait. It is a quality that can be developed, and it is fully realized in a student-centered learning environment. We are fueled by this belief to create opportunities for meaningful learning to foster intellectual vitality and advance high levels of literacy. As a team we encourage and support students in asking meaningful questions, taking initiative, and persevering to find answers.
- The students are the center of how we design our curricula and classes. Our courses are created through a constructive dialogue between students and teachers. This is a highly dynamic process wherein the schedule and course offerings change every semester. We are flexible about content because we prioritize the progression of conceptual understanding, which can be done through several areas of interest.
- We recognize that given the depth and breadth of knowledge that is easily accessible by a person, it is irrelevant to teach only the facts. Instead, we firmly believe in the development of a conceptual framework that becomes the foundation for bridging different areas of interest. Our focus is on each student attaining mastery, where they have a strong grasp of fundamental knowledge through which they build a conceptual framework.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AustinGrades: 8-12 | 46 students
1106 W Dittmar
Austin, TX 78745
- AustinGrades: 9-12 | 336 students
3000 Barton Creek Blvd
Austin, TX 78735
- AustinGrades: 5-12 | 64 students
4407 Red River St
Austin, TX 78751
- AustinGrades: 6-12 | 672 students
6500 Saint Stephens Dr
Austin, TX 78746
- AustinGrades: NS-12 | 539 students
801 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.