Smoky Row Childrens Center
- Smoky Row Children's Center is a privately owned and operated center established in 1983 by its current director, Judy Chosy who has a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education from Ohio State University.
- The Center is dedicated to providing the finest early childhood programs available to families in our community.
- Smoky Row, accredited in 1987, has been re-accredited every three years since.
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is the most comprehensive accrediting body overseeing childcare, preschool, and before-and-after school programs.
- Smoky Row serves as a training site for area colleges that use its classrooms for student teaching experiences.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,965|
|Tuition Notes||Only students who attend Smoky Row Children's Center's preschool program are eligible for the Kindergarten class.|
|Admissions Director||Lora Ackerman|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Powell Grades: PK-K | 138 students
8615 Smoky Row Rd
Powell, OH 43065
(614)766-2122 0 PK-K
- Columbus Grades: NS-PK
2001 Hard Rd
Columbus, OH 43235
(614)764-2994 1.1 NS-PK
- Dublin Grades: PK-K | 49 students
2733 Summer Dr
Dublin, OH 43016
(614)889-9999 1.2 PK-K
- Powell Grades: NS-12
284 S. Liberty St.
Powell, OH 43065
(614)841-0050 1.4 NS-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.