Soille San Diego Hebrew Day School
- The mission of the Soille San Diego Hebrew Day School is to imbue each student with a love of learning, a life-long appreciation for the value of Torah study and its applicability to all life choices, and greater understanding and respect of self and others.
- This mission is pursued in a school climate which is nurturing and caring, and which emphasizes the importance of hard work in the pursuit of excellence.
- Children are provided with a vision of Jewish living which affirms a commitment to the continuity of our distinct way of life, a love for Israel, and a sense of responsibility to contribute to the betterment of our world.
- The Soille San Diego Hebrew Day School reflects the view that meaningful Torah education is the basis and the vibrancy, durability, and continuity of the Jewish People.
- This vision includes the aspiration that Torah increasingly become the guide to successful and meaningful living for our families, and that as a community we grow toward making significant contributions to our society, both as Americans and as Jews.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.