- As an independent Marist Catholic school, Sophia Academy sees each child as an individual with unlimited potential if given the opportunities and tailored instruction.
- With a highly motivated staff and a commitment to each child's learning style, we provide a Kindergarten--High School experience.
- Small class sizes, individual goals, and innovative multisensory instruction produce results for all children.
- Our comprehensive curriculum which includes fine arts, athletics, mission trips, retreats and Catholic Religious Education broadens our students' interests, promotes leadership, develops talents and shapes character.
- The Orton-Gillingham language learning approach, created for those with dyslexia, is a language instruction also ideal for all learners and is part of ability grouping across grade levels daily. Sophia students are of average to above-average intellectual ability who have been diagnosed with a learning difference. Personalized learning plans; 80% participate in extracurriculars.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
National Catholic Education Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Average to Superior IQ, Auditory, Visual Processing difficulties, ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,700|
|Tuition Notes||$125.00 Testing Fee, $750.00 Registration Fees|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Artigue|
|Admissions Associate||Jenni Ellis|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, BETA, Drama, Garden, Intramurals, One, Peer, SGA, Select Art, BETA, Drama, Garden, Intramurals, One, Peer, SGA, Select,|
- Current Goals of the Organization Include:Implementing Strategic Plan to expand our mission including pursuing Orton-Gillingham school status. Fundraising for high school and fields, technology and reading program, increasing enrollment and increasing financial aid fund, expanding Summer School/Camp and Leadership Institute, continuing staff development and parent education, increasing technology including our assistive technology, expanding global learning initiatives.
Profile last updated: 10/28/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LithoniaGrades: PK-4 | 36 students
3072 Evans Mill Rd
Lithonia, GA 30038
FairburnGrades: 1-9 | 127 students
5665 Milam Rd
Fairburn, GA 30213
2998 Lavista Road
Decatur, GA 30033
AtlantaGrades: NS-8 | 320 students
2426 Clairmont Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.