St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (215) 549-2947
- St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS is an Independence Mission School.
- We serve over 570 students in grades PK-8. The mission of St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS is to provide a faith - based education that empowers students to be high school, college and career ready, while instilling the moral foundation they need to become honorable and active community members.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning support and ELL support|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||595 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School is a tuition-based school where your family, if qualified, can receive financial assistance. We can provide you with a better idea of what you can expect to pay with a “Good Faith” estimate during your school tour so|
|Admissions Director||Natalie West|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and FieldBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After school homework/study help, Boy Scouts, Chess, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School is an Independence Mission School. IMS is a non-profit organization managing a network of fifteen Catholic elementary schools and is committed to providing a high-quality, affordable education across the city of Philadelphia.
- Our vision at St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS, is that we see rigorous learning and teaching happening in all classrooms.The students constantly strive to succeed and are accountable for their work.The teachers are joyous in facilitating instruction by supporting student learning. The classroom is a positive environment of high-expectations. The community and parents are actively involved in student learning.As a large family, we all share a common goal: to prepare our students for high school, college and their future careers while instilling Catholic moral values.
- We are committed to our students' growth and offer a wide range of learning opportunities, including PE, music, art, coding and technology classes. We offer ballroom dancing for our fifth grade students, mindfulness through movement for our fourth grade students, foregin language classes, yearbook club, and competitive CYO track and basketball teams. Our core academic programming includes Common Core-aligned English Language Arts, math, social studies and science, as well as daily religion classes and weekly mass for our upper school students. We prioritize constant improvement in our instructional programming. As a result, many of our students qualify for merit scholarships to Catholic high schools.
- Most of our families receive financial assistance and our admissions team will support you in applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
4400 N 6th St
Philadelphia, PA 19140
(267) 331-8002 1.8 PK-8
- Philadelphia Grades: 1-11 | 33 students
1546 North 27th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19121
(215) 763-1601 5.2 1-11
This school provides a loving and structured environment, which must go together in order to produce learning.
- Posted by Parent - Nicki
This school gives your children a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow. Not only does this school prepare them for the challenges of the world, it also helps them grow in faith and love of God and all his people. The students and staff comes from diverse culture and back grounds. Interacting with different people teaches children to respect diversity and views of other people.
- Posted by Parent - Pk Mom
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.