South Florida School of Excellence
Our Cooking Club is a great way to educate students about good nutrition and to encourage them to eat healthy foods. Students get interested in trying healthy foods they might normally refuse to eat. We challenge our students to develop creative ideas and expand their horizons by getting students in the kitchen through a healthy cooking club!
School's incorporates all the protocol and discipline of a more traditional martial arts studio, but in a unique and fun manner for our students. The physical benefits are profound, as children practice kicking, punching, blocking, yelling, stretching, running and jumping during each interactive class. The program is progressive, using belt promotions as the strong motivator. As children get older, their
Spelling and Vocabulary Bee Club: School develops a competitive spirit in students it allow individuals to compete in a supportive environment. The brain activity and excitement that goes with a spelling bee is just as stimulating as a physical competition, which means that the whole competition can pump up the adrenaline of the contestants and the audience alike. A friendly
Arts & Crafts Club: Crafts Club is a fun way for students to learn about making household objects into works of art. The activities are easy, thought-provoking, and educational. Crafts explore themes such as culture, science, and math. Through these crafts, students learn background information about each of the themes.
South Florida School of Excellence elementary children explore a rich curriculum that integrates subjects through meaningful, real-life projects. Our instructors strive to create a rich environment in which children are free to explore the joys of learning, and in which they can receive the individual attention needed to reach their full potential
9TH GRADE: GETTING ON TRACK The focus in 9th grade is on the transition to high school. Students complete the ”Learning Style Inventory” that helps them to discover how they learn best so that they can be as successful as possible during their high school career. 10TH GRADE: STAYING ON COURSE By the time students reach grade ten, they have a good understanding of what it takes to be a successful high school student. During the first quarter, students are encouraged to push themselves academically through a presentation on study skills. 11TH & 12TH GRADE: COLLEGE SEARCH & APPLICATION PROCESS Starting in their junior year, students are assigned a College Advisor. South Florida School of Excellence advisory attend national and local conferences to ensure that they stay on top of the latest admissions trends.
South Florida School of Excellence “Safety Patrol” membership is a position of honor. Millions of boys and girls served since the nationwide movement started in the early 1920's. In the morning, safety patrols have a number of duties which include raising the flag, assisting in the cafeteria and gym, and keeping an eye on the students to make sure that rules are followed.
Autism teaching techniques are based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Discrete Trial Training (DTT). Uses evidence based instructional practices; align to Common Core State standards. Each student’s curriculum is individualized to his or her specific needs and abilities at various developmental levels and based on annual assessments. The student-teacher ratio at South Florida School of Excellence ranges from 1:1 to 3:1 or 6:1 and is determined by each student’s learning style and skills. Classroom instruction is provided in the same student-teacher ratios, along with small groups to facilitate peer interaction. Students are also offered opportunities for integration into less restrictive settings at all age levels, as appropriate for each student.
- South Florida School of Excellence General & Special Education - Gifted & Autism Center SFSE is the first Dade County's First Clinical/Educational School for grades Kg through 12th, with the capacity of 200 students.
- Surveillance cameras are installed in all classrooms and campus.
- Parents has an easy access to view their child from home Computers and Mobil Phones. www.viewmychild.net
- The South Florida School of Excellence is the first and only "One Stop Shop" clinical/educational setting of "Multi - Dimensional Model" located in South Florida.Where all Major Therapies are offered at one facility. EG: Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Social Skills Training, Speech/Language, Occupational, Daily Living Skills Training, Jobs and Vocational Career Peparational Training,
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform with School Logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,872|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Batul Maniar|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Paulina Lambardo|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts & Crafts, Chorus, Cooking, Dance (Hip Hop & Jaz), Drama, Gamer Club, Karate, Music, Robotic Club Arts & Crafts, Chorus, Cooking, Drama, Gamer Club, Karate, Music, Robotic Club, Dance (Hip Hop & Jaz),|
- The school provides well structured, academically focused classes with high rigor curricula for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), Project Based Learning (PBL) and Community Based Learning (CBL) skills for college readiness.
- ADDITIONALLY, THE SCHOOL COMPREHENSIVELY PROVIDES A MAJOR OUT PATIENT THERAPIES UNDER ONE ROOF: Psychological Evaluations, Mental Health Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Applied Behavioral Therapy, Physical Therapy, Student Case Management Services, Vocational Rehabilitation Training, Nutrition Monitoring, Dental and Vision screenings by licensed providers/sub-contractors. School professional strives to prepare students for productive and successful entry into higher education and the workforce. SCHOOL ALSO OFFERS CLUBS, ORGANIZATIONS, AND MULTIPLE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES ON AND OFF CAMPUS LIKEWISE: Environmental Club, Science Fair Club, Publishing Club, Spelling Bee Club, Vocabulary Bee Club, Politician Association Club, College and Career Prep Clubs, Safety Patrols, Student Council, Music, Chorus, Drama, Dance, Gymnastics, Arts, Karate, Soccer Club and more. BEFORE & AFETR SCHOOL AVAILABLE & SCHOOL BUS SERVICES
- We belief the future of a democratic and global society lies in the development of the hearts and minds of its children.
Nearby Homes for Sale
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.