South Florida School of Excellence
5.00 (3 reviews)
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #2 - 21st Century First Clinical Educational School for Children Academic and Social Emotional Needs!- Highly Qualify Team of Administration: State Certified KG-12th Regular & Exceptional Student Education/Autism Qualification-Teachers: Graduates/ Certified and Trained-Support Staff: Certified and State Licences-State Agencies Service Providers: Autism Speaks, Autism Soccer, University of Miami CARD Services, Florida International Universities Research Services, etc
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #3 - Our Cooking Club is a great way to educate students about good nutrition and to encourage them to eat healthy foods. Students get interested in trying healthy foods they might normally refuse to eat. We challenge our students to develop creative ideas and expand their horizons by getting students in the kitchen through a healthy cooking club!
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #4 - School's incorporates all the protocol and discipline of a more traditional martial arts studio, but in a unique and fun manner for our students. The physical benefits are profound, as children practice kicking, punching, blocking, yelling, stretching, running and jumping during each interactive class. The program is progressive, using belt promotions as the strong motivator. As children get older, their
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #5 - Spelling and Vocabulary Bee Club: School develops a competitive spirit in students it allow individuals to compete in a supportive environment. The brain activity and excitement that goes with a spelling bee is just as stimulating as a physical competition, which means that the whole competition can pump up the adrenaline of the contestants and the audience alike. A friendly
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #6 - South Florida School of Excellence elementary children explore a rich curriculum that integrates subjects through meaningful, real-life projects. Our instructors strive to create a rich environment in which children are free to explore the joys of learning, and in which they can receive the individual attention needed to reach their full potential
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #7 - 9TH GRADE: GETTING ON TRACK The focus in 9th grade is on the transition to high school. Students complete the ”Learning Style Inventory” that helps them to discover how they learn best so that they can be as successful as possible during their high school career. 10TH GRADE: STAYING ON COURSE By the time students reach grade ten, they have a good understanding of what it takes to be a successful high school student. During the first quarter, students are encouraged to push themselves academically through a presentation on study skills. 11TH & 12TH GRADE: COLLEGE SEARCH & APPLICATION PROCESS Starting in their junior year, students are assigned a College Advisor. South Florida School of Excellence advisory attend national and local conferences to ensure that they stay on top of the latest admissions trends.
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #8 - South Florida School of Excellence “Safety Patrol” membership is a position of honor. Millions of boys and girls served since the nationwide movement started in the early 1920's. In the morning, safety patrols have a number of duties which include raising the flag, assisting in the cafeteria and gym, and keeping an eye on the students to make sure that rules are followed.
South Florida School of Excellence Photo #9 - Autism teaching techniques are based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Discrete Trial Training (DTT). Uses evidence based instructional practices; align to Common Core State standards. Each student’s curriculum is individualized to his or her specific needs and abilities at various developmental levels and based on annual assessments. The student-teacher ratio at South Florida School of Excellence ranges from 1:1 to 3:1 or 6:1 and is determined by each student’s learning style and skills. Classroom instruction is provided in the same student-teacher ratios, along with small groups to facilitate peer interaction. Students are also offered opportunities for integration into less restrictive settings at all age levels, as appropriate for each student.
- South Florida School of Excellence General & Special Education - Gifted & Autism Center SFSE is the first Dade County's First Clinical/Educational School for grades Kg through 12th, with the capacity of 300 students.
- Surveillance cameras are installed in all classrooms and campus.
- Parents has an easy access to view their child from home Computers and Mobil Phones. www.viewmychild.net
- The South Florida School of Excellence is the first and only "One Stop Shop" clinical/educational setting of "Multi - Dimensional Model" located in South Florida.Where all Major Therapies are offered at one facility. EG: Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Social Skills Training, Speech/Language, Occupational, Daily Living Skills Training, Jobs and Vocational Career Peparational Training,
South Florida School of Excellence places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Learning Disability, ADHD, ADD, Intellectual Delay|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||NO EXTRA FREE for summer program. Year round school for all students.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Average Percentile SSAT||98%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform with School Logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||No extra tuition fee needed. 100% scholarship acceptance.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Batul Maniar|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Paulina Lambardo|
|Endowment Size||$2000.6000 million|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, Arts & Crafts, Chorus, Cooking, Dance (Hip Hop & Jaz), Drama, Fashion Club, Gamer Club, Karate, Lego Club, Makeup, Martial Arts Club, Music, Pokemon Club, Robotic Club, Sports Club
- The school provides well structured, academically focused classes with high rigor curricula for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), Project Based Learning (PBL) and Community Based Learning (CBL) skills for college readiness.
- ADDITIONALLY, THE SCHOOL COMPREHENSIVELY PROVIDES A MAJOR OUT PATIENT THERAPIES UNDER ONE ROOF: Psychological Evaluations, Mental Health Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Applied Behavioral Therapy, Physical Therapy, Student Case Management Services, Vocational Rehabilitation Training, Nutrition Monitoring, Dental and Vision screenings by licensed providers/sub-contractors. School professional strives to prepare students for productive and successful entry into higher education and the workforce.
- SCHOOL ALSO OFFERS CLUBS, ORGANIZATIONS, AND MULTIPLE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES ON AND OFF CAMPUS LIKEWISE: Environmental Club, Science Fair Club, Publishing Club, Spelling Bee Club, Vocabulary Bee Club, Politician Association Club, College and Career Prep Clubs, Safety Patrols, Student Council, Music, Chorus, Drama, Dance, Gymnastics, Arts, Karate, Soccer Club and more. BEFORE & AFETR SCHOOL AVAILABLE & SCHOOL BUS SERVICES
- We belief the future of a democratic and global society lies in the development of the hearts and minds of its children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Opa Locka Grades: K-12 | 149 students
13400 Nw 28th Ave
Opa Locka, FL 33054
(305)681-2500 0.6 K-12
- Fort Myers Grades: PK-12 | 214 students
12925 Palm Beach Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33905
(239)694-8882 108.1 PK-12
- Hialeah Grades: K-12 | 56 students
4814 Nw 167th St
Hialeah, FL 33014
(305)624-5656 2.5 K-12
- Hollywood Grades: NS | 55 students
2921 Sw 56th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33023
(954)893-0077 7 NS
My Daughter has been in this School for 3 years and has made significant progress. From the Principal to Teachers and staff this school is a 10 +. Thank you Ms. Mehreen you are the best!
- Posted by Parent - Luis Molina
I am very satisfied as a parent to hear that my child actually likes going to school and it makes her comfortable being there. Definitely recommend it if you want your child to go to a school where they treat you right and have a good environment, it is a big thumbs up for me :)
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
my 2 girls go here and I love this school.
- Posted by Parent - liliana toledo
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.