American Worldwide Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- American Worldwide Academy is a brick-and-mortar, fully accredited, co-educational, private high school based in Miami, Florida.
- Our goal is to provide the highest quality secondary education by utilizing our unique, distinctive, and prestigious one-on-one, or small group teaching standard.
- AWA was established with the vision of providing hope and opportunity for all.
- We are committed to continuously providing the means that encourage a vibrant learning environment which cultivates, promotes and nurtures the uniqueness of each student.
- AWA understands that every student ranges in aptitude, interest, socio-cultural background, socio-economic background and learning style.
- We assume the responsibility of providing an atmosphere, which encourages all students to strive for academic excellence relative to their own potential.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: 9-12 | 611 students
10300 Sw 72nd St Ste 427
Miami, FL 33173
(305)270-1440 16.4 9-12
- Miami Grades: 9-12 | 13 students
16695 Ne 10th Ave
Miami, FL 33162
(305)940-8855 3 9-12
- Miami Grades: 6-12 | 39 students
16637 S Dixie Hwy
Miami, FL 33157
(786)293-5353 21 6-12
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 1032 students
2700 Sw 8th St
Miami, FL 33135
(305)245-5355 9.2 PK-12
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
12515 Sw 72nd St
Miami, FL 33183
(305)596-3787 17.8 PK-12
Great school! Everything was an experience !
- Posted by Student/Alumni - DeNis
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.