Spell Well Montessori School
- Spell Well Montessori School offers a full-time, year-round Montessori program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, through 8th Grade.
- Our students study in a nurturing, caring environment that gives a feeling of family and enhances the child's love of learning and respect for others. We strive to excel in educating young children while helping them build independence, self-esteem and confidence.
- Our School is a fully accredited school by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||The Summer Fee for the whole summer in 2020 is waived to help families during the Corona Virus Pandemic , however the monthly tuition has to be paid for the Program chosen by the parent.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies with class level and schedule. We offer 2, 3, 4, and 5 day programs for Infants and toddlers. Pre-Primary / Elementary & Middle School are 5 days per week. See our website for further information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nilofer Siddiqui|
|Admissions Associate||Gina Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, SoccerBallet, Baseball,|
Gymnastics, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Soccer, Sports, Tae, Tumbling|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Established in 1984, Spell Well Montessori School is privately owned and operated. Our facility is located on a three acre campus in the beautiful, Spring-Klein area of North-West Houston. We use the Montessori philosophy to provide an outstanding early learning experience for children in a bright, clean, pleasant, nurturing, and loving environment.
- With an increasing percentage of American children spending a large part of their day in the care of someone other than their parents, it is more important than ever for parents to ensure that their children are attending a school which provides a loving and nurturing environment yet has an excellent academic program. "We give children knowledge with love" is our motto and we ensure each child`s growth and development progresses according to each individual child`s potential.
- Our school has excellent advanced curricula for Infants and Toddlers, Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, all the way through Elementary. All of our students receive loving attention and care in an enriching environment. For these youngsters, our school is a "home away from home." We provide a clean, comfortable setting in which they can learn and grow. We maintain small classes, structured so that our teachers can give individual attention to each child.
- Spell Well is dedicated to the innovative concepts of Dr. Maria Montessori for enhancing children`s growth, education, and overall development. When Dr. Montessori developed her education methods in late nineteenth century Italy, her system revolutionized the way children were taught. Her Montessori environment enabled children to explore the world at a level of their understanding and they progressed from learning concrete concepts to understanding abstract ones. When her philosophy was incorporated into classrooms it produced outstanding results and was quickly implemented in schools worldwide.
- Children learn by manipulating materials and interacting with others.
- There are materials in the class room for each area of learning: practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language, science, geography, and music.
- Children learn self-discipline and social skills by developing a rapport with their classmates and teachers.
As Dr. Montessori observes in Education for a New World, "Another well-known characteristic of children of this age is that they are always asking questions seeking the truth of things." Our classrooms allow children to both learn and indulge this natural curiosity.
Montessori theory supports multi-age grouping
In our Montessori classrooms, the children`s ages range from one to one and a half years.
Eighteen months to two and a half years, three to four and a half years, and four years to six years, and then our elementary class ranges from 6 to twelve years of age.
In The Absorbent Mind, Dr. Montessori notes, "What matters is to mix the ages. Our schools show that children of different age can help one another-the mind of a five year old is so much nearer than ours to the mind of a child of three, that the little one learns easily what we should find hard to impart-There is communication and harmony between the two that one seldom finds between the adult and the child."
Montessori materials are aesthetically pleasing to the children. The attractively designed Montessori materials implement "control or error" by which children actively and autonomously learn Montessori materials correct use.
Materials are arranged on shelves at child-friendly height. According to Dr. Montessori in Education for a New World, "The child of three must handle things for purposes of his own. When things are made for him in proportion to his size, and he can be active, his whole character seems to change and he becomes calm and contented."
The quality of educational care makes a difference.
Children`s future academic abilities are built upon the foundations of early educational experiences.
A solid early educational foundation can help children develop the healthy attention spans required for later learning.
Elizabeth G. Hainstock reflects upon this in Teaching Montessori in the Home: "The important thing for all children, whether they are six or sixteen, is to know the fundamentals of mathematics and languages so that they may better understand and succeed in the more advanced concepts."
The first six years in a child`s life are the most crucial and formative in academic development. Research shows that learning is delayed if a particular sensitive stage of learning has passed.
Spell Well Montessori`s Kindergarten and Elementary syllabus` fully prepare children for first elementary school and beyond. We are a preparatory institution for children who will later join the public school system or other private schools.
In today`s highly competitive world of commercialized schools,
Spell Well Montessori School stands apart by imparting a genuine
solid education and emphasizes basic skills such as mathematics
reading and writing. We encourage participation and self
expression to help each child develop self-esteem to face the
future with confidence.
Spell Well Teachers are Degreed and our Montessori Teachers are certified and have many years of teaching experience.
We offer enrichment activities through Spanish instruction, P.E as well as weekly dance and music classes. We also have an after school program for older siblings and can help you arrange transportation to/from other local schools.
Our after school activities are amazing! We currently offer programs from Young Brothers Tae Kwon Do (2 days per week), Tumble Team and Sports Fun from The Fun Pack, Soccer Superstars, a Jazz Dance class,foot ball, as well as private music lessons-ALL on school grounds.
Our hours of operation are 6:30am to 6:30pm Monday through
Friday. We accept infants at 6 weeks of age and , offer 2, 3,
4, or 5 day a week programs. Formal classroom instruction
varies slightly by the age group. We would love to show you
Please call to schedule an appointment at your convenience.Weekend appointments can also be scheduled.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring Grades: K-8 | 19 students
17610 E Strack Drive
Spring, TX 77379
(281) 370-8760 0.1 K-8
- Spring Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
4266 Interfaith Way
Spring, TX 77381
(281) 298-9200 9.7 PK-12
- Spring Grades: PK-8 | 696 students
1915 Lake Front Circle
Spring, TX 77380
(281) 882-8220 9.9 PK-8
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 315 students
11815 Adel Rd
Houston, TX 77067
(281) 583-1984 5.3 PK-12
We chose to put our daughter in Spell Well school because of the balance of nurture and structure that the school provides and we could not be happier. Her teachers are wonderful and our daughter has really grown in so many ways in such a short time being in this school. We also love the diversity of the school. We hope to be at Spell Well for years to come!
- Posted by Parent - Bonnie Donohue
Our children have been attending Spell Well for 5 years now. We started our son in first grade there when we were looking for a Montessori school with a good curriculum and higher educational standards. We wanted our son to be challenged, as well as find a love of learning. Spell Well has provided that for all 3 of our children. They have also given them opportunities to study Spanish, Chinese, Drama, Dance, Art, and extra-curricular activities that can be hard to drive them to when you are a working parent. The hours of the school have helped us when we were commuting downtown. They provide a school day full of learning and growing for every age level. The class sizes allow for one on one with the teachers. With three children, I have seen how the school really looks at each child individually and finds the best way to help them grow into their potential. I also appreciate the diversity of the school and acceptance of all cultures. We believe having a strong educational base will help children know how to learn, like to learn, feel confident to try new things, develop independence, and thrive as adults. Spell Well has given each of our children this opportunity. From a financial perspective Spell Well is very reasonable, especially compared to other Private schools in the area. The staff is helpful and friendly. Ms. Nilo, the Director, is very involved with the school and the children. Spell Well puts on an end of the school year performance each academic year. Students are recognized for their achievements and perform what they have been working on in their extra-curricular activities throughout the school year. We highly recommend Spell Well Montessori. Our children do too! They love their school.
- Posted by Parent - Sara
Both my Kids went to Spell Well. One of the best decisions we made for our Kids. Made a huge difference in how they learned, creativity, approach to solving problems and discipline. Big Asset they got was self confidence.School is well run. Great teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Arcot
Both our boys went to this school and we couldn't have asked for a better environment or more caring teachers and staff. Our boys were always happy to go there and the school helped greatly in their education and growth.
- Posted by Parent - Sohaib Anwer
My 2-year old son attended Spell Well Montessori until recently. He transitioned from a daycare center and started at Spell Well shortly before he turned two. The school was recommended by a close friend. I was interested in my son attending a Montessori school, but was not prepared for how quickly he would excel in their curriculum! He was barely speaking when he started and by the end of the first month, his vocabulary had expanded not only to new words, but he could also recite the letters of the alphabet and had begun counting to ten! He recognized colors as well. The curriculum is very structured (which helps children at this age thrive). The transition to a new school was surprisingly easy, due to both the comfortable environment and the loving attention of his trachers. He loved going to school and was reluctant to leave most nights! They truly do provide a home away from home for children! This is the one place I knew I could leave my son and feel like he was happy and well cared for. If you are thinking about this school, please check it out. We are planning on sending our son and new daughter back soon, which is no small feat since we live about 20 miles from this school. For us, it is well worth the drive!!
- Posted by Parent - Krist