Spring Valley School
Tel: (727) 781-1234
- Spring Valley School is a Sudbury School where students ages 4-19 develop interpersonal skills and responsibility within a democratic environment, balanced by the freedom to pursue personal interests and passions.
- Spring Valley is one of over 80 Sudbury Schools worldwide, based on the highly successful Sudbury Valley School, which was founded in 1968, in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- The primary learning for students at any Sudbury School is to discover what their passion is.
- This is an intense learning process. Any Adult understands how few of us truly discover who we are, what we want, and exactly how to "follow our bliss" until late in life, if ever.
- Children and Teens who are allowed to pursue this process young become eager to learn the academics that they need to succeed.
- In such a climate a student's own interests determine the course of his/her day.
- Here the ebb and flow of activity depends upon individually pursued directions. Students often join and share in an activity initiated by someone else; Thus there is a constant interpersonal transfer of information, communication, and enthusiasm between members of the community.
- In such a flexible and egalitarian context, interpersonal and communication skills become very important.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||We offer significant sibling discounts and tuition assistance to those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palm Harbor Grades: K-8 | 363 students
1551 Belcher Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
(727) 781-3808 1.4 K-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.