- Our approach to education is guided by the belief that God has gifted each student with unique talents and abilities.
- Westlake partners with the home to help identify, nurture, and develop these gifts.
- We believe students learn better in classrooms designed to meet them at their individual level in all areas: academic, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical. We prepare the next generation of leaders, our students, to be the best thinkers and problem-solvers as they leave our halls and move into high school.
- The Westlake student experience is characterized by three distinct elements: Westlake students encounter a challenging, rigorous academic program that promotes excellence through the use of research-based curricula and a best practices instructional approach.
- Westlake students encounter a commitment to Biblical truth and Christian character.
- The goal of ongoing personal, spiritual development is incorporated into the community, culture, and classroom.
- Westlake students encounter an innovative 21st Century Learning environment and philsophy through a focus on readiness skills. Westlake's students perform well academically, having placed in the top ten percent in the country on standardized assessments over the years.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech therapy/support offered through Pinellas County|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||491 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jayanne K. Roggenbaum|
|Admissions Associate||Amanda Hensley|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Choral Club, Drama Club, Greek School, Interscholastic Sports Program (5th-8th), Karate Club, Mandarin Chinese Program, Math Teams, Odyssey of the Mind Teams, Sports Academy for Kindergarten through Fourth Grades Art Club, Chess Club, Choral Club, Drama Club, Greek School, Karate Club, Math Teams, Interscholastic Sports Program (5th-8th),
Mandarin Chinese Program,
Odyssey of the Mind Teams,
Sports Academy for Kindergarten through Fourth Grades,
- Named National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council, the Florida Council of Independent Schools, and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/AdvancED
- Well-rounded, Rigorous, College Preparatory Environment
- Integration of the Biblical Worldview
- Technology Integration in All Subjects
- Duke University Talent Identification Program
- High School Credit Courses in Middle School
- Award-winning Academic Teams, Art, and Music
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Robofest Competition
- On-site Preschool, Before and After Care
- Summer School Scholars Program
- Robust, Varied Electives
- Small Class Sizes Led by Experienced, Dedicated Faculty
- Specials/Enrichment Classes
- Competitve Athletics for Grades 5-8
- State-of-the-art Technology Program
- New Science Lab
- Theatrical Productions
- After School activities for all grade levels starting at Kindergarten, including Mandarin Chinese, Chess, Karate, Sports Academy, Greek School, Art Club, Chorus Club, and more.
- Fine Arts Emphasis
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClearwaterGrades: PK-8 | 462 students
129 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765
ClearwaterGrades: NS-8 | 486 students
1350 Court St
Clearwater, FL 33756
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 479 students
990 62nd Avenue NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
ClearwaterGrades: PK-8 | 219 students
1850 N Mcmullen Booth Rd
Clearwater, FL 33759
TampaGrades: NS-12 | 917 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.