Spruce St School
- Spruce Street School is a diverse environment of students, families, and staff.
- Every day, we strive to intentionally create a culture that fosters strong character, positive self-image, and a life-long excitement for learning.
- We honor and value each and every student: who an individual student is, where that student is from, and what that student brings to both the classroom and the community.
- We model and teach respect for all types of diversity, including cultural, ethnic, racial, economic, family structure, sexual orientation, gender identity, learning differences, beliefs, and abilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$325|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||For the 2019 summer season, our camps cost $375 per week. Our highly-trained staff provide a morning and afternoon snack. Every day campers go on a field trip and get to explore Seattle. Camp hours are 8:00am to 5:30pm. Extended care costs are built into the fee and are no additional cost.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||103 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,600|
|Tuition Notes||Need based financial aid is available. Please refer to the Financial Aid page on the school website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Capri Arias|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Cross CountryCross Country|
A completed aaplication includes: 1.
- Common PSIS Parent/Guardian Statement
- Additional Parent/Guardian Essay Questions
- Student Visit
- Parent/Guardian Interview*
- Financial Aid Application (if applicable)
- Application Fee
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
(206)709-9500 0.1 1-9
- Bellevue Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
9622 Roosevelt Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98115
(425)885-6296 5.8 1-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.