French Immersion School Of Washington
5.00 (6 reviews)
French Immersion School Of Washington Photo #4 - Our 4th graders really enjoyed their two-day trip to Mount Rainier!
French Immersion School Of Washington Photo #5 - A Pre-School student is decorating the window with colored papers.
French Immersion School Of Washington Photo #6 - This year again, Kayak was part of the 4th grade curriculum.
- The French Immersion School of Washington provides an excellent bilingual education in a welcoming environment that encourages critical thinking and curiosity.
- We believe that children who develop their intellect and character in a bilingual, bi-cultural environment learn respect and appreciation for cultural differences and are better prepared for their future in a multicultural workforce and global environment.
- FISW's curriculum, taught by outstanding, certified teachers in a traditional and structured environment, combines the greatest strengths of both the French National Education and Washington State curricula.
- At FISW, we value our vibrant and diverse community.
- As connections are formed among students, teachers, parents and staff, lifelong friendships are made.
- You will find that our entire community embraces our mission, creating a truly welcoming environment.
- Virtual Event - Fri., November 13, 2020 9:00am (PDT) - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., December 05, 2020 - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., January 14, 2021 9:00am (PDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Fri., February 05, 2021 9:00am (PDT) - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., March 27, 2021 - get more information!
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$395|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Voyage with us on a fun, interactive immersion adventure with children of all backgrounds and experience levels! For Summer 2020, FISW Summer Camp offers 5, week-long sessions, each exploring a different continent, its cultures, landscapes, and countries. Week 1 (June 22-26): Europe Week 2 (June 29-July 3): Asia Week 3 (July 6-10): Antarctica and Oceania Week 4 (July 13-17): Africa Week 5 (July 20-24): Americas (North America + South America)Each theme is approached through active games, fun activities, guest presentations, and, for campers 5 and older, weekly field trips, all while being immersed in French! Camp is conducted in French, but previous French language experience is not required.Open to students ages 2.5 through 11. Young campers must be fully potty-trained, with school experience. All sessions from 9 am to 3 pm. Morning and afternoon garderie (extended daycare) options are available from 8-9 am and 3-6 pm on a weekly basis.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,600|
|Tuition Notes||Cost above reflects elementary tuition. Preschool tuition is as follows: $18,600 full time, $ 12,400 5 Mornings, $7,700 3 Mornings. Sibling discount available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Erin Brust|
|Admissions Associate||My-Lien Dao Bellec|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, SwimmingDance, Gymnastics,|
Indoor Soccer, Kayaking,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Artistic Talents, Chess, Fencing, French for Adults, French Homework Help, Koei Kan Karate Do, Lego Robotics, Singapore Math, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Ballet, Jazz Danse, Piano Class, Theater
- FISW is a preschool (age 2.5, fully potty-trained) through 5th grade bilingual, immersion school in Bellevue. Our curriculum is designed to cultivate students` openness to the world and challenge them in a nurturing environment that encourages risk-taking.
- Taught in French 70% of the day, students learn to take the "traditional skills" that every school teaches and use them to address new situations, to solve problems, to collaborate with others. Using these skills in real-life situations helps students think critically, take initiative and use their imagination.
- Why bilingual Studies show that children who learn a second language early in life have enhanced cognitive development. Bilingual students not only speak two languages fluently, but they have excellent mastery of their native language, often surpassing their monolingual peers. Regular use of two languages enhances a student`s ability in the areas of abstraction, symbolism, mathematics and problem solving.
- We would love to have you visit and find out more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit to our school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-8 | 656 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425)556-0791 4.7 PK-8
We've been at FISW for 4 years now and we're more than happy with the school. The bilingual curriculum really taught a lot to our kids both in terms of education and culture! The teachers manage to adapt to every child despite all the different level in the class (level in English, French and also different cultures). The new director really brought dynamism in the school and is always working on a new way to prepare our kids to today's world. The school really has a family & open-minded spirit that we really like and we've always felt part of the journey. Most of all it's a pleasure to see our kids leaving for school every morning with a big smile and learning new things every day while developing great character.
- Posted by Parent - Paulineh
This is our second year at FISW, and we are very happy with our choice. We moved here from France and the school really helped us to have a smooth transition. When asked what they like the most in the US, the children answer: our school!
- Posted by Parent - Marialuisa
FISW is an amazing school that lives its mission every day! I have both a current 4th grader at FISW who started at 3 years old and a FISW graduate who started at 5 years old. My FISW alumnus is succeeding at middle school because of the foundation that FISW gave him! The structure of the French education system, the nurturing, children centric culture of the FISW teachers, staff and administrators and the multicultural population of the students results in an amazing educational environment for our children. Oh, and having multilingual children is also a great bonus! We speak Spanish at home. Because of the formal French education, my older son was able to test into an advanced Spanish program at his middle school - in addition to continuing his French.FISW is a great education investment in your children`s future! It will be the best return on your investments you will even obtain!
- Posted by Parent - ES
This is our 6th year at FISW and we love the school! Our two girls are thriving both educationally and socially. My second grader reads chapter books in both English and French. They do afterschool activities such as martial arts, sewing, theater and ballet. The small class sizes allow the kids to get individual attention and really bond with their teachers. We are so grateful for the wonderful community we have found there and highly recommend it for other families.
- Posted by Parent - JVB
It has been such a privilege to be part of the FISW community. Our children started at the school just before they turned 3 and we had no idea of the breadth of advantages it would give them. We were initially attracted by the European/French education both the content and the language. Of course, they now speak French, but more than that they have an innate understanding of the language that enables them to develop their language further whenever they spend time with other French speakers. The education they received at FISW is so broad, not just ticking boxes for the curriculum, but delving deeper into topics that excite the children and making connections between the approaches and content in the WA state curriculum and the French curriculum. Over the past few years in particular, the French and English teachers have spent a lot of time working together to ensure that the two curriculums and languages are integrated. This really does give the children a deeper understanding of both the technical side and the content. My children are lucky to be developing their understanding of the world from so many perspectives. The progression in developing each child over their time at the school is impressive and it makes me so happy to see this continue beyond FISW FISW students take responsibility for their own education, pride in their work and want to be successful. My son was ready and excited for the transition to 6th grade, going with a core group of friends from FISW into the bigger world of middle school. He is comfortable in himself, confident in his new environment, and of course loves to return to FISW for after school conversation classes to continue developing his language and connecting with great friends and teachers. In addition, the French Bilingual Association`s before-school program from 6th grade is tailored to graduates of FISW, enabling our son to continue the development of his French language and education we couldn`t ask for more!
- Posted by Parent - EL
Sending my kids to the French Immersion School of Washington is one of the best choices I have ever made for them. I have four children, all very different from each other in their learning styles and personalities, and each of them has excelled in both languages and they all absolutely love going to school each day. Every decision the school makes is about what is best for the children. The majority of my kids have class sizes of 13-14 kids in each class annually. The French teachers are hired from France and we have never had a teacher that is anything less than amazing and devoted. The teachers LOVE their jobs and the kids in their classes, which makes the learning environment positive.From age 2 1/2, it is absolutely a great learning environment. Kids are taught things like independence and respect and accountability from the very beginning. By being accredited by the French government, WA state, Independent Schools, etc. their academic curriculum is well beyond anything I have ever seen, and yet... the kids love to learn because the school is focused on that love for learning.As part of the school program, the kids have things like swimming lessons, field trips and even a trip to France in 5th grade! All of my kids literally beg me to stay for the after-school program activities each day. What kids ask for more school after being at school all day?? Only at FISW....
- Posted by Parent - Jen
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.