SS. Simon & Jude Cathedral School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Inspired by the Loreto Sisters are their charisms - FREEDOM, JUSTICE, SINCERITY, JOY & TRUTH - our mission is to promote intellectual and spiritual growth by providing a quality Catholic education in a safe, compassionate environment, challenging all to live according to the Gospel in a constantly changing world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||489 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||There are multi-child discounts for parishioners.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Diane Stein|
|Admissions Associate||Eileen DeMaio|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Aerospace Team, Altar Serving, Chess Club, Peer Mentoring, Scouting, Student Council & Student Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
Annual Musical, Band, Cathedral Children's Choir, Irish Dance
- We, the Catholic educators of Ss. Simon and Jude School, recognize parents as the primary educators in the formation and education of their children. We will work in partnership with parents to build upon this foundation. We believe in our God-given mission to facilitate the growth of each child in this faith community as a whole person, with responsibilities to God, the global community, and all creation. We strive to provide each student with the opportunity to acquire a personal relationship with Jesus in an atmosphere alive with the Spirit of God. Believing in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual, we encourage each student to develop a strong, positive self-image by providing and expecting a Christian atmosphere characterized by understanding, respect, and acceptance of all people. We also believe every child is capable of developing moral values and self-discipline skills. We emphasize the importance of individual potential, academic achievement, intellectual, and aesthetic growth. We are committed to teach and model behavior which will enable our students to develop the skills to become self-disciplined, reflective, discerning Catholic Christians. We will assist in the formation of children as they grow in Freedom, Sincerity, Truthfulness, and Justice. We hope our students will find God in each life experience and go into the future embracing the honor and service of God. Our mission is to promote the intellectual and spiritual growth of each child by providing quality Catholic education in a safe, caring environment. Ss. Simon and Jude School, in partnership with the parents, strives for academic excellence and instills moral values. We teach self-discipline, build self-esteem, and develop the unique qualities of our students, challenging them to live according to the gospel in a constantly changing world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: NS-8 | 626 students
4715 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602)266-5364 3 NS-8
- Phoenix Grades: NS-8 | 114 students
6801 N 43rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85019
(623)931-1846 2.1 NS-8
- Phoenix Grades: K-6 | 151 students
4002 N 18th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85015
(602)264-4338 2.7 K-6
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 453 students
1751 W Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85015
(602)265-4707 2.6 PK-12
SSJ is a wonderful Catholic School . The community is welcoming , the academics are top notch and Catholic Faith F ormation is strong .
- Posted by Parent - Michelle
We have been very happy to have two children attend SSJ. The community is welcoming , the academics are top notch and Catholic Faith Formation is strong .
- Posted by Parent - Ann
This school has sisters walking around and you never know who you might run into! It's such a holy school, you''ll be happy here I am!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - desti
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?