Gompers Private School
Tel: (602)336-0061 Ext. 115
- Gompers has been devoted to serving adults and children with disabilities in the Arizona community since 1947.
- Gompers Private School (GPS) provides a customized academic and life skill education for children with multiple disabilities including: Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Intellectual Disabilities. Our instructional program uses research based instructional methods, supported by Assistive Technology and community based instruction, and offers the potential for post-graduation transition into employment training or a Day Training for Adults program.vocational, therapeutic and dental programs and services.
- Our mission is to meet the needs of adults and children with disabilities in our community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||multiple disabilities including: Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Intellectual Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Travis Harris|
- Gompers has been devoted to serving adults and children with disabilities in the Arizona community since 1947. Gompers mission is to empower and advocate for adults and children with disabilities in an environment of compassion, dignity and respect. Gompers promotes and maximizes individual potential through a full range of exceptional education, social integration, vocational, therapeutic and dental programs and services. Our mission is to meet the needs of adults and children with disabilities in our community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: K-12 | 206 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602)995-7366 3.4 K-12
- Phoenix Grades: 1-9 | 92 students
5807 N. 43rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85019
(602)548-3038 4 1-9
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?