Gompers Private School
Tel: (602)336-0061 Ext. 115
- Gompers has been devoted to serving adults and children with disabilities in the Arizona community since 1947.
- Gompers Private School (GPS) provides a customized academic and life skill education for children with multiple disabilities including: Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Intellectual Disabilities. Our instructional program uses research based instructional methods, supported by Assistive Technology and community based instruction, and offers the potential for post-graduation transition into employment training or a Day Training for Adults program.vocational, therapeutic and dental programs and services.
- Our mission is to meet the needs of adults and children with disabilities in our community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||multiple disabilities including: Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Intellectual Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Travis Harris|
- Gompers has been devoted to serving adults and children with disabilities in the Arizona community since 1947. Gompers mission is to empower and advocate for adults and children with disabilities in an environment of compassion, dignity and respect. Gompers promotes and maximizes individual potential through a full range of exceptional education, social integration, vocational, therapeutic and dental programs and services. Our mission is to meet the needs of adults and children with disabilities in our community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: NS-12 | 206 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602)995-7366 3.4 NS-12
- Phoenix Grades: 1-9 | 92 students
5807 N. 43rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85019
(602)548-3038 4 1-9
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.