Hi-star Center For Children
- The Hi-Star Center for Children is a private special education day school, serving students with severe language/communication, learning and behavioral needs.
- Hi-Star is an academically based program which incorporates language acquisition skills into the daily curriculum, along with a structured behavior management program.
- Hi-Star works with students in Kindergarten through 12th grades. The elementary program consists of a series of five developmental, language-based academic classrooms, which serves children between the ages of 5 and 13.
- These classrooms are designed to meet the individual needs of students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Classroom groupings are based on the student's overall academic, language, behavioral and social needs.
- Language/communication skills are part of the child's daily instructional program, presented in a continuous and on-going model through out the day.
- Academic instruction in reading, writing and math are part of the daily curriculum; along with science, social studies, art, music, RT and cooking activities. All activities are presented using direct instruction techniques.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: K-12 | 206 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602)995-7366 4.1 K-12
- Phoenix Grades: 1-12 | 24 students
6601 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85017
(602)336-0061 4 1-12
- Glendale Grades: 2-12 | 26 students
5430 W Glenn Dr
Glendale, AZ 85301
(623)915-0345 0.5 2-12
- Gilbert Grades: K-12 | 37 students
875 S Cooper Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85233
(480)456-0942 26.1 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.