Hi-star Center For Children
- The Hi-Star Center for Children is a private special education day school, serving students with severe language/communication, learning and behavioral needs.
- Hi-Star is an academically based program which incorporates language acquisition skills into the daily curriculum, along with a structured behavior management program.
- Hi-Star works with students in Kindergarten through 12th grades. The elementary program consists of a series of five developmental, language-based academic classrooms, which serves children between the ages of 5 and 13.
- These classrooms are designed to meet the individual needs of students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Classroom groupings are based on the student's overall academic, language, behavioral and social needs.
- Language/communication skills are part of the child's daily instructional program, presented in a continuous and on-going model through out the day.
- Academic instruction in reading, writing and math are part of the daily curriculum; along with science, social studies, art, music, RT and cooking activities. All activities are presented using direct instruction techniques.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: NS-12 | 206 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602)995-7366 4.1 NS-12
- Phoenix Grades: 1-12 | 24 students
6601 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85017
(602)336-0061 4 1-12
- Glendale Grades: 2-12 | 26 students
5430 W Glenn Dr
Glendale, AZ 85301
(623)915-0345 0.5 2-12
- Gilbert Grades: K-12 | 37 students
875 S Cooper Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85233
(480)456-0942 26.1 K-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.