St. Andrew's Episcopal School
Academic excellence in a faith-centered environment is the heart and soul of St. Andrew's Episcopal School of Amarillo.
An Episcopal School that welcomes families of all faiths, St. Andrew's has been educating children since 1951.
The school currently serves children from Primer (3 years of age) to eighth grade.
Qualities of integrity, courage, service and duty find their beginnings here and every student is given the opportunity to become a disciplined and successful learner as well as a compassionate and caring member of the community.
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 313 students
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Academic excellence in a faith-centered environment is the heart and soul of St. Andrew's Episcopal School of Amarillo. An Episcopal School that welcomes families of all faiths, St. Andrew's has been educating children since 1951.
- The School currently serves children from Primer (3 years of age) to 8th Grade. Qualities of integrity, courage, service, and duty find their beginnings here, and every student is given the opportunity to become a disciplined and successful learner, as well as a compassionate and caring member of the community.
- Academic programs of particular merit include Spanish language instruction for grades K – 8; computer education for grades K – 8 and an in-depth fine arts program including visual arts and choral music for all students in grades K – 8 and Orchestra for students in grades 3 – 8.
- Recent achievements by St. Andrew's students include 1st Place in the National Fuel Cell Car Competition sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (2009) and 1st Place in the National Science Bowl Competition (2008) as well as 1st Place in the Pantex Regional Science Bowl the last five years.
- St. Andrew's students accumulate more than five high school credits by the time they graduate in the 8th Grade.
- Middle School athletic program features championship football and volleyball teams as well as basketball, golf, tennis and track.
- St. Andrew’s is the recipient of the prestigious Ken Bastion Award for outstanding Community Service. The School hosts an active service learning program that includes age-appropriate activities for every grade level.
- St. Andrew’s is a member of the National Junior Honor Society and a charter member of the National Elementary Honor Society.
- The student body represents a broad array of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and we believe that this diversity is important for the School. In an effort to ensure open access to all members of the Amarillo community, as well as extend the School's commitment to social, ethnic, and economic diversity within its student body.
- St. Andrew's provides financial assistance to eligible students. The School offers both full and partial scholarships, depending upon the individual needs of each student or family.
- St. Andrew's is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is fully accredited by the Southwest Association of Episcopal Schools, an organization approved by TEPSAC, and recognized by the Texas Commissioner of Education.
Endorse St. Andrew's Episcopal School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.