St. Benedict The Moor School
- St. Benedict the Moor School is an African American Catholic School with a mission statement that defines the school.
- Its purpose is to provide excellence in education and strong Christian character development in an atmosphere that promotes self-esteem in our students.
- St. Benedict the Moor School is an instrument of evangelization and those who teach and work here are primarily ministers of the Good News, espousing social justice, and Gospel values.
- The primary goal of St. Benedict the Moor School is to provide excellence in education and strong Christian character development in an atmosphere that promotes self-confidence and self-esteem.
- A strong curriculum is provided which includes the doctrine and teachings of the Catholic faith.
- Meeting the needs of the whole child is a priority in the total school program.
- There is a specific importance placed on the special needs of each student.
- The total school program provides our students with a strong knowledge base about the great influences and contributions of their culture and race on the history of the Unitied States.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PittsburghGrades: NS-8 | 300 students
3333 5th Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
PittsburghGrades: K-8 | 131 students
809 Center Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
PittsburghGrades: NS-6 | 245 students
950 Perry Highway
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
PittsburghGrades: K-12 | 132 students
255 S. Negley Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
GlenshawGrades: K-6 | 117 students
1014 William Flynn Hwy
Glenshaw, PA 15116
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?